• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Three more weeks and I'll be at the lease with my buddies waiting for Opening day of Deer Season. Planted Oats last week, just before it rained. They (oats) should be coming up really nice by now. This cool weather we are having, really got me excited about this years possibilites. Anyone else ready for deer season?
    Venture Surplus ad

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    I'm ready but my 6.8 is not. Still trying to come up with some money for a scope. It will be my first time DEER HUNTING...can't wait.

Sniper John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    North Texas
    YES!
    And I am glad they moved duck season a week earlier. I usually missed the opening week of waterfowl due to being deer hunting instead. I will have a duck hunt or two in before deer gun opens this year.
    And I too have the food plot in and feeders running. Ready for opening day for sure!

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    And I too have the food plot in and feeders running. Ready for opening day for sure!

I sighted in my rifle (Remington 700BDL, .270 Win.) today. Other than packing, not much left as far as getting ready.

Underdark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Bedford, TX
    I'm really excited, be my first year to ever go. Can't wait to take my first deer!!

Imagine it'll only take this one season for an addiction to set in

Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Converse(San Antonio)
    I've never been I really want to go! I've got everything I need(Rifle, ammunition, experienced person to go with) except for a place to go. Does anyone have any suggestions? Do all of you have a deer lease or do you know someone who does?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I would like to formally announce my campaign on Texas Gun Talk. I'm running for the office of hunting partner this year and I can do a damn good job. I'm quiet in the stand I'll only shoot what you tell me to and I'll bring the beer. I can track pretty good because I hunt with a bow also, I can help drag deer in almost any weather or terrain, I can field dress and gut a deer (I'm a little rusty on pigs but I'm sure I could get it down again pretty quick) And I have my own riffle. I do a great job of stepping in for folks that have been forced (by their wife or GF probably) to do something other than hunt. I can travel anywhere in central Texas. Thank you now Vote for Cody.
    Just kidding you guys have a good season, And to you first timers you might try getting a cheapo scope for a 6mm or 243 or something that size the cheapo's can hold up pretty good on a light kicking gun for at least a season. And you can keep looking for a good one and still hunt.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    feeders full......with new battery...... rifle sighted at 100yrs.... im ready... cant make opening weekend thou........good luck to all.... ill go second weekend hopefully........CCHunter....are you ready? you still have a small pond underneath your feeder!

Sniper John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    North Texas
    I would say I am ready. Food Plot is up!

standard.jpg

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    feeders full......with new battery...... rifle sighted at 100yrs.... im ready... cant make opening weekend thou........good luck to all.... ill go second weekend hopefully........CCHunter....are you ready? you still have a small pond underneath your feeder!

update: looks like I will make opening weekend afterall...... I have to work Saturday but come Sunday daybreak I will be in my blind. CCHunter- you gonna make it, right? or you going fishing? Ill shoot one for you...

Top Bottom