• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Take Sheldon road just north of the new 90 and turn right on Van Road. It's just a little side street so you can miss it pretty easy. Then just take Van all the way to the end it's well over a mile and you go back under 90. They do have a website but it doesn't look like the guys are computer people and it really doesn't give much info. There was a short thread here with some pics

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/texas-gun-ranges/51878-van-road-gun-range-east-houston.html
    Guns International

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    any up dates on Van Road Gun range. I am looking for a great alternative to Thunder without the distance of Hot wells.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Thought I would try it out also drove all the way back there to a closed gate about 2pm. no one around. maybe it is private. Been to thunder also dont like it much.One of the rifle ranges is built off the ground when someone walks across it it moves

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Thought I would try it out also drove all the way back there to a closed gate about 2pm. no one around. maybe it is private. Been to thunder also dont like it much.One of the rifle ranges is built off the ground when someone walks across it it moves

Thanks Tony2 for the information. I would hate to waste my time to a closed range which is why I asked for any updates.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    They may be now.They have only been open for a short time. Some of the people I work with know the owners and said it may be members only but i havnt got any verification on that. It would be very handy for me as well if I can find out. The last bit of road is dirt and pretty muddy when its raining

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Thread Rez!

Tried out Thunder Gun Range this past weekend. Some things I liked, others I didn't. Figure the easiest way to show is a pro and con list. Short version, I would go if a friend wanted to, but I don't think I would actively seek out this range again.

Pros:
    - RSOs were friendly and pretty much left us alone
    - Covered shooting lanes
    - Members-only section of the range
    - Good membership rates
    - Lots of lanes, good variety of ranges

Neutral:
    - $32 for 2 people, 2 targets, brought 1 rifle
    - Range doesn't sweep up steel cases, wobbly when sitting down to shoot.
    - Gun shop attached, prices ranged from average to a little high

Cons:
    - There were 12 lanes in the AR/AK range, we were the only ones there. Someone else came in and the RSO put them directly next to us
    - Every cease fire period, there's a condescending 3 minute safety lecture that plays over the speakers
    - There were 12 lanes in the AR/AK range, when there should really have been 8; It's a bit tight in there.

Top Bottom