• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    Yep. Lots of ranges make their range safe for surrounding neighborhoods. Except this guy. Sounds like negligence to me.
    On the news tonight it said these people bought their homes knowing the range was already there.
    Looking at it on TV, his back wall looks about 30 feet tall, I don't see how anyone but an idiot could shoot over it.
    But how do you cull the idiots out of the general public that comes in.
    He's between a rock and a hard spot.
    Not saying I like the guy or place, I couldn't give a, well, dump.
    Military Camp

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    On the news tonight it said these people bought their homes knowing the range was already there.
    Looking at it on TV, his back wall looks about 30 feet tall, I don't see how anyone but an idiot could shoot over it.
    But how do you cull the idiots out of the general public that comes in.
    He's between a rock and a hard spot.
    Not saying I like the guy or place, I couldn't give a, well, dump.

My home range had an issue. Lots of court stuff. End result is they put up baffles that pretty much eliminate that stuff.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I just saw that on the news. That's so ridicules, Thunder has been there for years. I helped clear that land for the subdivision about 4 years ago. The builders should have made the people aware of the gun range.
    I don't like that range but I feel the range is in the right.

I understand the range is a pre-existing condition, the homeowner's aren't talking about a noise complaint, but a safety complaint. Every bullet that leaves the range's property is a broken law. It is the legal responsibility of the range to keep all bullets within the confines of the property. So if the subdivision is getting hit with bullets, that isn't on the owners of the subdivision or the builders of the subdivision. That is on the range.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    <>

OTOH, I see y’all as lucky to have so many ranges to chose from. The only rifle range around me is the neighboring Sheriff’s Office & I rarely have access to it.

OTOH, handgun ranges are all around.

<>.
    I would say volunteer or join the reserves to get access. What is the nearest range to you besides the sheriff office you have mentioned.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would say volunteer or join the reserves to get access. What is the nearest range to you besides the sheriff office you have mentioned.
    <>

Lordy, back in the early 1970’s, I was in the USAR in Houston & Corpus. Aside from nominal “Stoner” qualifying @ Bullis annually, I never saw a rifle range.

OTOH, the Army was “transitioning” away from .45ACP, so I had all the .45 “ball” I could burn and the Armory/Reserve HQ in C.C. had a handgun range, so I was able to shoot thousands rounds free. I bought a series 70 Gold Cup to improve, but sometimes shot my old WarHorse Colt, or one from the Armory Room.

A year of so ago when retirement was really slow, I saw a “special” on a Trans-Pecos Sheriff who was undermanned & underfunded. I sent a note to “volunteer” but never heard back.

leVieux

<>

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    <>

Lordy, back in the early 1970’s, I was in the USAR in Houston & Corpus. Aside from nominal “Stoner” qualifying @ Bullis annually, I never saw a rifle range.

OTOH, the Army was “transitioning” away from .45ACP, so I had all the .45 “ball” I could burn and the Armory/Reserve HQ in C.C. had a handgun range, so I was able to shoot thousands rounds free. I bought a series 70 Gold Cup to improve, but sometimes shot my old WarHorse Colt, or one from the Armory Room.

A year of so ago when retirement was really slow, I saw a “special” on a Trans-Pecos Sheriff who was undermanned & underfunded. I sent a note to “volunteer” but never heard back.

leVieux

<>
    Take a class to get TCLOESE certified usually a community college with a criminal justice program will help and not expensive or time consuming. Most departments in West Texas are definitely hurting just like some South Texas departments. I might take the challenge test when I retire from my current employer to be a reserve.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Take a class to get TCLOESE certified usually a community college with a criminal justice program will help and not expensive or time consuming. Most departments in West Texas are definitely hurting just like some South Texas departments. I might take the challenge test when I retire from my current employer to be a reserve.
    <>

At 80, almost 81, I volunteered as an observer “spotter” or Physician.

I’m too old to learn to be an amateur LEO.

<>

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom