• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    So I finished putting my AR lower together and stuck a mag in for functionality of the mag release. I have 3 30rd mags...one thats ancient that I got from my brother when he got out of the Army in 93-ish and is an OKay. It fits great and drops fine. The other two are Center Industries new in package that I acquired while on active duty. These mags fit extremely tight and require a lot of effort to pull them out. Just out of spec? The problem seems to be on the backside (think primer end). Anyone else had this problem?

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I've had that happen before.... it's not like you should expect top notch quality control from military contracts. I usually ditched mags like that.... but you might try polishing it to fit.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Some guns are picky about mags.What kind of lower is it?My Bushmaster used to be really picky about mags.Ended up shopping around to find some mags that would drop free.I got my mags from cheaperthandirt.com and they have all worked 100%.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    It's a Stag. I was thinking of trying the polishing them down a bit and see if it helps. If I ditch em, its not like i'm losing money or anything! Thank for the help fellas!

Top Bottom