• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byrom1212

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Greenvill,tx
    I'm looking at getting a long rang rifle for deer hunting a target shooting.

just wanted to know what people thing about the tikka rifles.

and what caliber would be recommended.
    Venture Surplus ad

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I own a Tikka T3 Lite in .308, and It's a fantastic rifle. The first two shots at 50 yards I put through it mostly overlapped. I have to say, at 6 1/2 lbs, the .308 certainly lets you know you are shooting a rifle, but it's really not too mad. I set the trigger on mine down to 2 lbs, and it has very little travel. The craftsmanship on the rifles is excellent, the bolt feels silky when you operate it. For the money, I don't know if there is a more accurate off-the-shelf rifle out there.

longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    I have one too. My Tikka is a T3-Hunter in .300 WSM. I like it for my long range gun. I am watching for a .308 & would buy it in a minute when I find one on a used board at a good price.

byrom1212

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Greenvill,tx
    Well thanks for the help guys but i dont think I'm getting it just not willing to wait 2 months to get it in think im going with a remington 700.

Cobra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    CANADA
    I own a Tikka T3 Lite in .308, and It's a fantastic rifle. The first two shots at 50 yards I put through it mostly overlapped. I have to say, at 6 1/2 lbs, the .308 certainly lets you know you are shooting a rifle, but it's really not too mad. I set the trigger on mine down to 2 lbs, and it has very little travel. The craftsmanship on the rifles is excellent, the bolt feels silky when you operate it. For the money, I don't know if there is a more accurate off-the-shelf rifle out there.

The T3 Lite is a great rifle. I only wish they made one in 7mm-08.

Top Bottom