• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DwnRange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    Really, you're quoting Snowden as if he is a source of integrity and honor? He is a traitor to this country, and he can go fu*** himself with a jackhammer for all I care about his opinion.

You haven't a clue of what honor or integrity is sir, and I merely point out a news article - the man outed the entire US government who was "and still is" spying on all Americans in contravention of the "rights" endowed us by our creator and enumerated in the Constitution. He stood up for everyone; knowing full well those ignorant of the facts would call him the exact words you called him - but he knew what was "right" and what was "wrong" and he put it all on the line. Edward Snowden has balls, big brass ones and anyone that has heard him speak or watched the film knows that..........

I damned sure respect him for he outed the real "traitors" to the principles this country was founded on.
    Target Sports

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I am far more informed than you, having access to classified information that I obviously cannot share here.

I also don't put any value into the opinion of someone who is directly responsible for putting more lives at risk than the interrogation methods he lambasts.

Worship him all you want, but he endangered the men and women of this country and deserves to be put up against a wall and shot, along with each and every terrorists he's empowered with information about our operations and activities.

I suspect you also think Chelsea Manning is a hero as well...

Get a fucking clue.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    You haven't a clue of what honor or integrity is sir, and I merely point out a news article - the man outed the entire US government who was "and still is" spying on all Americans in contravention of the "rights" endowed us by our creator and enumerated in the Constitution. He stood up for everyone; knowing full well those ignorant of the facts would call him the exact words you called him - but he knew what was "right" and what was "wrong" and he put it all on the line. Edward Snowden has balls, big brass ones and anyone that has heard him speak or watched the film knows that..........

I damned sure respect him for he outed the real "traitors" to the principles this country was founded on.

Did you just say watched the film? Like that Hollywood glorified strokefest contained any facts. You sir are a self righteous, bull headed moron who just became the soul resident on my ignore list.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Sir, are you really "that" uniformed on the topic of the US torturing prisoners, at Abu Graib and other "rendition" locations around the globe?

Here's just some of it:
    - Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on detainees; pouring cold water on naked detainees; beating detainees with a broom handle and a chair; threatening male detainees with rape; allowing a military police guard to stitch the wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed against the wall in his cell; sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and perhaps a broom stick, and using military working dogs to frighten and intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one instance actually biting a detainee.

- On November 20, 2002, Gul Rahman froze to death in a secret CIA prison in Afghanistan called the “Salt Pit,” after a CIA case officer ordered guards to strip him naked, chain him to the concrete floor, and leave him there overnight without blankets.

- Syria was one of the “most common destinations for rendered suspects,” as were Egypt and Jordan. One Syrian prison facility contained individual cells that were roughly the size of coffins. Detainees report incidents of torture involving a chair frame used to stretch the spine (the “German chair”) and beatings.

- After being extraordinarily rendered by the United States to Egypt in 2002, Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, under threat of torture at the hands of Egyptian officials, fabricated information relating to Iraq’s provision of chemical and biological weapons training to Al Qaeda. In 2003, then Secretary of State Colin Powell relied on this fabricated information in his speech to the United Nations that made the case for war against Iraq.

- Muhammed al-Zery and Ahmed Agiza, while seeking asylum in Sweden, were extraordinarily rendered to Egypt where they were tortured with shocks to their genitals. Al-Zery was also forced to lie on an electrified bed frame.

The Senate Select Intelligence Committee has completed a 6,000 page report that further details the CIA detention and interrogation operations with access to classified sources. In December, 2014, the committee released a redacted 525-page portion of the report, which included its key findings and an executive summary of the full report. The rest of the report remains classified.

Torture is prohibited in all circumstances under international law and IMHO all allegations of torture must be investigated and criminally punished no matter "whom" is doing the torturing. The United States prosecuted Japanese interrogators for “waterboarding” U.S. prisoners during World War II, or it that something else you were unaware of sir.........

A staggering map of the 54 countries that reportedly participated in the CIA’s rendition program - from 2013 https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ias-rendition-program/?utm_term=.986c8aa0cd50

Abu was not government sanctioned and those involved were prosecuted. Listing this in this discussion is incorrect.

Japanese interrogators were dealing with US POW's. We were dealing with terrorists, not POW's. Guess you cannot comprehend the difference? Study up on this before spouting off.

Most of the rest you mentioned involves interrogations NOT performed by the US. And none of them on POW's.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I personally don't give a tinkers damn what they do to terrorists. They don't play by the "rules" and don't care whether their victims are men, women, or children. That rates them below animals for me.

Top Bottom