Lynx Defense

Time for bulk ammo buys or wait a little longer ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    What Southpaw said about breakingcontact: "Great advice there. I say buy as well."
    Just like Rick's never said "Do you want the rest of my bacon?", none of us are going to say "I wish I didn't have all this ammo". Hell, I wish I hadn't paid $750 for a $500 AR but now... It's mine!
    DK Firearms

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I have enough ammo right now, but I'm always looking to buy more. I'm holding out for just a bit longer. Prices are getting near my "buy" levels. When 7.62x39 gets back down to under 200/K, I'd say the stars are aligned. It's at 220-230/K everywhere right now.
    Glockster, AIM just had Wolf Gold 223 for 329/K , which is IMO, a much better buy than steel case at 260.
    BTW, my wife just chimed in and said "What good is ammo when they take everyone's guns away?" Indeed.

Last edited:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have a certain threshold before I go big. For brass cased 223 it's 35 cents/rd. I like to buy steel cased Russian 7.62x39 at 22-25 cents/rd. 9mm target ammo I like at $10/50 and 22 plinking ammo is worth about 3-5 cents/rd in my book. Of course I haven't bought 22 ammo or 9mm ammo in bulk for a while now.
    When prices hover around those numbers, I'll be buying again.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    When I started shooting .223 was $250 per 1k rnds brass. So when they had 1k rnds for $330 the other month u went ahead and restocked with 600 lbs worth. I ain't taking no chances. Amd if there's another panic buying I'll sell some to buy more when it calms down again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I just picked up 1000 rounds of Wolff from Copes via their Memorial day sale. After shipping my total came to $281. So $0.28/round for steel case, which isn't bad. If a year from now it is available for $230 I won't be happy, but I won't be heart broken either.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have done my own research on the gun-deals expired deals and looking back at pre Sandy pricing and further, and I can't see Wolf or any of the imported steel .223 going much lower then .25.
    I bought a couple cases of Wolf for 19¢/rd in early 2012. I knew that was a good deal then and I wish I had bought more :p

I don't expect to see 19¢/rd ever again, but I'm not sure a 137% price increase in two years is reasonable. Still, if you need it you might as well buy it.

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    Starting about 7 years ago I just started picking up a brick or two of .22 every time I went to walmart. No idea how much I had until I moved. Turns out I have over 10,000 rounds.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Starting about 7 years ago I just started picking up a brick or two of .22 every time I went to walmart. No idea how much I had until I moved. Turns out I have over 10,000 rounds.

I've done that with other calibers as well, it's surprising how much you can pick up and completely forget about over time.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin

I've done that with other calibers as well, it's surprising how much you can pick up and completely forget about over time.
    A WHOLE lot easier 'forgetting' about ammo that cost three cents a round! But with centerfire running twenty cents or better(and a lot more than that for stuff I don't buy or shoot), any stockpile over a couple thousand rounds would get my attention!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    A WHOLE lot easier 'forgetting' about ammo that cost three cents a round! But with centerfire running twenty cents or better(and a lot more than that for stuff I don't buy or shoot), any stockpile over a couple thousand rounds would get my attention!

Some of our minds aren't as sharp as they use to be. :laughing:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Some of our minds aren't as sharp as they use to be. :laughing:

Exactly how many minds do you have? :confused:

I ordered the ammo 3hrs after starting this thread. They were closed until 0900 today when I called. They have plenty of the Tula in stock and total cost was $266.

Top Bottom