Texas SOT

Time for bulk ammo buys or wait a little longer ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    All of these below shot just fine - nothing under- or over-powered and fed/ extracted/ ejected strongly through my South African FAL whose gas-system is tuned to run Port milsurp and commercial ammo.

2eeyla8.jpg

The Tulammo cases are gray steel and seem to have very light clear lacquer on them, the Monarch has the typical Soviet-style green lacquer you'll know from AK ammo, and the Silver Bear is slick, silver (zinc-coated) steel.

I'd buy any of them again quite happily, and stopped off at Academy where I bought another 200 rounds of Monarch to stash away for plinking purposes.

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Lol suck.

PSA's 'sale' with free shipping wasn't so great.

Bought 800 rds of Federal AE223 with free shipping over Memorial Day weekend for $303. This week... 800rds of Federal AE223 is only $259 + $26 shipping = $285.

I feel violated. Going to remember that the next time they run a holiday 'sale'.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    PSA's 'sale' with free shipping wasn't so great.

hmmm ... I thought I might be the only one who considers PSA heading down a trail blazed by CTD.

About 18 months ago, PSA was a "go to" place for ammo and reasonably priced AR goodies.
    While there are some instances of reasonably priced AR components, ammo has certainly taken a turn sour, IMHO.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Im currently contemplating some Wolf 150 grain 308 for like 43 cents per round.
    The PTR has no issues with Wolf, but it eats everything, lol... I've ran several boxes of it through my M1A as well with no issues. I wouldn't really call "several boxes" an authoritative test, but so far so good.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    hmmm ... I thought I might be the only one who considers PSA heading down a trail blazed by CTD.

About 18 months ago, PSA was a "go to" place for ammo and reasonably priced AR goodies.
    While there are some instances of reasonably priced AR components, ammo has certainly taken a turn sour, IMHO.

Not to derail, but I agree. I feel like I need to look more closely when I'm shopping PSA these days as well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom