Time to Find a New Priming System

MTA89

CEO of Systemic Racism INC.
TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
Like MTA, I like the Lee hand prime.
On press priming generally sucks.
I have the Lee auto prime. Its a bit different from the hand prime. IMO It is much better than the hornady hand prime that I have ended up throwing against the wall a few times :cool:. $26 on midsouth + $15-20 for lee priming tool shell holders if you dont have them already.
90700-01.jpg

Attachments

smittyb

Well-Known
Nov 12, 2009
Cut N Shoot
I have the Lee auto prime. Its a bit different from the hand prime. IMO It is much better than the hornady hand prime that I have ended up throwing against the wall a few times :cool:. $26 on midsouth + $15-20 for lee priming tool shell holders if you dont have them already.
View attachment 218631
That looks nice, but I can hand prime while sitting on the couch watching Discovery Channel ;)

SQLGeek

Wheel Gun Nut
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
View attachment 218631
So I was looking again at this and evidently Lee says to load Federal primers one at a time...if that's actually required, it's a no go for me. I just picked up 1K of Federal SPP. :/

MTA89

TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
So I was looking again at this and evidently Lee says to load Federal primers one at a time...if that's actually required, it's a no go for me. I just picked up 1K of Federal SPP. :/
Oh yea I didnt see that. I have winchester and cci now. Only fed primers I have are 400 small rifles I bought yesterday. Guess if it explodes in my face I will know they were serious lol

SQLGeek

Wheel Gun Nut
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
Oh yea I didnt see that. I have winchester and cci now. Only fed primers I have are 400 small rifles I bought yesterday. Guess if it explodes in my face I will know they were serious lol
Thank you for volunteering to be a test case. ;)

SQLGeek

Wheel Gun Nut
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
Midway had a free shipping promotion so I bit the bullet and picked up the RCBS bench prime.

PSA had the APS bench priming system for about the same time but I opted to go with the conventional. Looks like the APS is on the way out so no point in buying into a dying system.

MTA89

TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
Midway had a free shipping promotion so I bit the bullet and picked up the RCBS bench prime.

PSA had the APS bench priming system for about the same time but I opted to go with the conventional. Looks like the APS is on the way out so no point in buying into a dying system.
They just launched the promo the day after I bought my rcbs swager tool and 8mm brass :banghead:

SQLGeek

Wheel Gun Nut
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
Any chance you can cancel and reorder? Midway runs these fairly often so I try to time them when I can.

Which swager did you go with? I'm looking at one of these because I reamed about 100 pockets on .357 brass and I'm already over that process.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012920663?pid=235832

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads