• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFWGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2023
    Dallas
    Kroger sells nicotine lozenges that are about the size of a tic tac and come in a small tube so they are easy to always have on hand. That is how I quit smoking after trying a lot of other methods. The reason it works is that you can always pop a lozenge if you have a craving... much better than the nicotine patch since its an on demand solution.
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Kroger sells nicotine lozenges that are about the size of a tic tac and come in a small tube so they are easy to always have on hand. That is how I quit smoking after trying a lot of other methods. The reason it works is that you can always pop a lozenge if you have a craving... much better than the nicotine patch since its an on demand solution.
    IMO THAT'S NOT REALLY QUITING BUT SUBSTITUTING ONE SOURCE OF ADDICTION FOR ANOTHERTHE CRAVINGFOR NICOTINE IS THE ADDICTIONUSING THE LOZENGES IS JUST TRADING ONE SOURCE FOR ANOTHER!

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I was a smoker for about 35 years and smoked 2 packs a day for most of that time. I became a non-smoker about 20 years ago.

The success rate for people 'trying' to quit smoking is extremely low. By telling themselves that they are 'trying' to quit they are giving themselves an out when they fail. Because after all they were only 'trying' to quit.

To be successful in quitting smoking a person must decide that they truly no longer want to smoke and then declare themself a non-smoker.

If a person doesn't truly want to be a non-smoker they will just make themselves miserable when they 'try' to quit.

Last edited:

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I was a smoker for about 35 years and smoked 2 packs a day for most of that time. I became a non-smoker about 20 years ago.

The success rate for people 'trying' to quit smoking is extremely low. By telling themselves that they are 'trying' to quit they are giving themselves an out when they fail. Because after all they were only 'trying' quit.

To be successful in quitting smoking a person must decide that they truly no longer want to smoke and then declare themself a non-smoker.

If a person doesn't truly want to be a non-smoker they will just make themselves miserable when they 'try' to quit.
    100%
    When I quit, I threw away a 3/4 full pack and never looked back. No patches, no nicotine gum. just cold turkey.
    The first 3 or 4 days were the worst, but it got easier after that.

I have often wondered what the long term success rate is when looking at those that use aids vs those that just flat quit.
    I know that contrary to what everyone told me. I have never had the urge to smoke again, even with surrounded buy others that are puffing away.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I hurt for ya', because I know just how hard that is. And just how much it sucks all the way around.

Between the cold turkey, patches, gum, and Chantix, the only thing that truly kept me off tobacco was, and for now, is, vaping. Even that is becoming less and less.

However you decide to go, there'll be a bunch of us in your corner supporting you.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I only smoked from 15 to 22, I quit when I realized I was getting sick more often. Plus the price was going up, I said I would quit when the price got to a $1 a pack. Well I quit before that happened. Now some 50 years later if I mentioned I smoked as a teenager to my doctor he marks my chart former smoker. I think I'm done with that.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When you are grieving you take any comfort you can. No shame in that.

You’ve quit before. You can do it again. Dive in!
    I actually enjoy cigarettes. That first one this morning is done and gone. The egg is lit and soon to get half a pork butt. I will probably replace those before breakfast cigarettes with something worse. Yesterday it was Kahlua in my coffees.

I’m still grieving and might not pull it off at this time, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I actually enjoy cigarettes. That first one this morning is done and gone. The egg is lit and soon to get half a pork butt. I will probably replace those before breakfast cigarettes with something worse. Yesterday it was Kahlua in my coffees.

I’m still grieving and might not pull it off at this time, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Sounds like you are 'trying' to quit. Don't put yourself through the misery of 'trying' to quit. Just go ahead and smoke all you want until you decide to be a non-smoker. If you reach the point where you truly want to be a non-smoker then you will be able to quit.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

It gets easier. One day at a time.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Yeah I've seen that at a hospital in the dead of winter (upstate NY) visiting someone. The hospital had a smoking area, patients with IV bottles and hospital gowns smoking, die-hards.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yeah I've seen that at a hospital in the dead of winter (upstate NY) visiting someone. The hospital had a smoking area, patients with IV bottles and hospital gowns smoking, die-hards.

In the early 70’s my dad had a heart attack and was in ICU.

They would shut off the oxygen for a few minutes so both patients in that room could smoke.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Sometimes a medical problem will do the trick. Stepfather wound up in the hospital, that's what it took for him to quit.

My dad too. The doc told the guy in my dads room that he would be dead in 6 months if he didn't quit smoking. Dad said he stayed up all night wondering why the doc didn't tell him that.

So the next day he asked the doc about it. "well, we didn't think you would live more than a couple days, so we didn't want to deprive you of pleasure in your final hours."

He quit that day in the hospital. He was 44, and lived to 69. Had a triple bypass at 59.

2-3 packs of Pall Malls a day for a few decades, and the damage was done. But he got a few years he likely would not have gotten if he didn't quit.

It would have sucked to lose my dad as a kid. He got to see some grands, and enjoyed retirement with my mom. They traveled all over the place.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    People have been brainwashed into thinking that it is extremely difficult or impossible to quit smoking by the tobacco and pharmaceutical companies and others. When in fact it is actually easy once they decide that they want to be a non-smoker.

When you read this and say “that is easy for you to say “, that just means that you are brainwashed.

Take it from someone who has been there and done that, just throw them down and don’t look back. You CAN do it.

Top Bottom