• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

IF you have a REMINGTON Model 760 PUMP-rifle in 7.62x51mm or .308WCF that is surplus to your needs & that you wish to sell, I'd be interested in buying it.
    (YES, some Model 760 rifles were marked 7.62NATO & some were marked .308WCF.)

I would PREFER a rifle with the "corncob" slide handle.

yours, satx78247
    Email: texasnative46@gmail.com
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Probably what you'll see with Remington is similar to Winchester pre-64 stuff.
    Remington pre-1980 will continue to draw interest from older guys and a few newer ones.
    Of course to older guys are aging out so they are a diminishing factor.
    IMO, the older Model 870's will still hold some value. Older M700's. Some of the really old pre-WW2 guns as well.
    The modern made guns aren't looked upon favorably by the market. While decent guns in most instances they have a reduced reputation.
    Another example is the 1100. In its day it was a great gun. Still is. But by todays hunting standard its a overly heavy clod. I still have an old 12ga 1100 I bought back in the 1980's. I never use it anymore.
    A few years ago I bought a Benelli Montfeltro. OMG, where have you been all my life?!?!?!
    That old 1100 feels like I'm carrying around a telephone pole now. I can't believe I used to pack that thing for miles.
    I am not alone.

Look at the pre-64 Winchester stuff nowadays.
    Its lost value. When is the last time you saw a Model 12 out in the field? 40yrs ago pre-64 Mod 70's brought huge money. Now days not so much.
    The older lever guns still bring the $$$$ tho.

Last edited:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Only Remington that I had a chance to squirrel away was a 16ga corncob pump gun. The barrel dated the gun at 1952. It had a cracked stock but no pitting. I should have snatched it up but just didn't appreciate it's history at the time. A friend was selling some old guns and they just weren't my cup of tea back then.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I have a few Remington long guns. My first "adult" rifle was a 700BDL in 300WM. They are nice, accurate guns. It was sad to see them go down hill then fold.

Their ammo is field grade at best but I have several boxes.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Only Remington that I had a chance to squirrel away was a 16ga corncob pump gun. The barrel dated the gun at 1952. It had a cracked stock but no pitting. I should have snatched it up but just didn't appreciate it's history at the time. A friend was selling some old guns and they just weren't my cup of tea back then.

TexMex247,

PITY that you didn't buy that one as J&G has NEW OLD STOCK stocks/slide fore-ends of that kind/gauge for about 35 bucks.

Also, I know a number of hunters who still use/hunt with a Model 12, as they seem to NEVER wear out.

yours, satx

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Too bad for me that I don't own any Rem nowadays.

I owned a Rem model 31TC, a 700BDL in 6mm Remington, and a 700ADL in .243 Win. Those 700s had the best out of the box factory trigger I've ever owned. But I had to sell them all in 1983, every gun I owned, to pay the divorce lawyers, mine and HERS.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Too bad for me that I don't own any Rem nowadays.

I owned a Rem model 31TC, a 700BDL in 6mm Remington, and a 700ADL in .243 Win. Those 700s had the best out of the box factory trigger I've ever owned. But I had to sell them all in 1983, every gun I owned, to pay the divorce lawyers, mine and HERS.

bbbass,

I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

In SEP 1978, when I divorced my 1st wife for "open & notorious adultery", the TX District Judge required me to pay both attorneys AND ordered that I buy her a NEW CAR of HER CHOICE, to replace the "utterly unsuitable Mercury" that she had picked out for herself 14 months before..
    (Thank Heaven, she just wanted a 1979 "loaded" OLDS 98 4dr, rather than a ROLLS-ROYCE.)

Fyi, it cost me about 60K & the new Oldsmobile to get her forever OUT of my life. = I thought/think it was CHEAP at 2X the price.

yours, satx

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    bbbass,

I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

In SEP 1978, when I divorced my 1st wife for "open & notorious adultery", the TX District Judge required me to pay both attorneys AND ordered that I buy her a NEW CAR of HER CHOICE, to replace the "utterly unsuitable Mercury" that she had picked out for herself 14 months before..
    (Thank Heaven, she just wanted a 1979 "loaded" OLDS 98 4dr, rather than a ROLLS-ROYCE.)

Fyi, it cost me about 60K & the new Oldsmobile to get her forever OUT of my life. = I thought/think it was CHEAP at 2X the price.

yours, satx

Wow!!!

Mine was also engaged in "notorious" adultery. Had a rep all around town for doing guys in the alleys behind the bars. I ignored it for years for the benefit of the kids, two of hers, one of ours, pretty much raised by me while she was at the bar or recovering from her night of "partying". Then she filed for divorce against me. Wanted 110% of my income and the brand new car I had just bought for commuting and me to continue making the payments. I finally managed to get her back down to my original offer of the house, etc, but it sure didn't cost me $60k in cash!!!

Divorce stories.... YIKES!! That diseased beotch is somehow still alive and torturing my relations with my daughter and grandkids...

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Ruger has done extremely well. After the old man passed away, they started producing things other than Fudd stuff .........customer service is great.............

If they could only make the Mini-14 accurate..............

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Wow!!!

Mine was also engaged in "notorious" adultery. Had a rep all around town for doing guys in the alleys behind the bars. I ignored it for years for the benefit of the kids, two of hers, one of ours, pretty much raised by me while she was at the bar or recovering from her night of "partying". Then she filed for divorce against me. Wanted 110% of my income and the brand new car I had just bought for commuting and me to continue making the payments. I finally managed to get her back down to my original offer of the house, etc, but it sure didn't cost me $60k in cash!!!

Divorce stories.... YIKES!! That diseased beotch is somehow still alive and torturing my relations with my daughter and grandkids...

bbbass,

OUCH!!!

Fwiw, my "cheating EX" did NOT endear herself to the Judge when she accused me of "repeatedly molesting our child", since we had NO child, whether by natural means or by adoption.
    (The judge, for the only time in my memory of my years as a person who has been a LEO for 3+ decades, actually reminded her from the bench that, "Young Woman, you are under oath" & offering "knowingly false statements" within your testimony, "- - - - exposes you to the penalties for criminal perjury".
    (Her own lawyer quietly told her to "close her mouth", according to the bailiff.)

ADDENDA: I have a friend who has been a divorce lawyer for over 25 year & "Hill" says that it has "become commonplace for one or both parties in a divorce action to accuse the other spouse of child molestation, even when they HAVE NO children, as prosecutions for perjury in such cases is so rare."

yours, satx

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Ruger has done extremely well. After the old man passed away, they started producing things other than Fudd stuff .........customer service is great.............

If they could only make the Mini-14 accurate..............

I thought they made the later models somewhat more accurate than the notorious initial version...

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Ruger could probably do a great job with Marlin.
    Make the more traditional style guns for the Marlin line while the more modern tactifool stuff in the Ruger line.
    Ruger has done a good job since the old man passed.
    Fingers crossed they'll make a .45-70 SxS rifle. LoL

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I thought they made the later models somewhat more accurate than the notorious initial version...

bbbass,

I never had any problem with my old Model 181 Mini-14 Police Carbine being inaccurate out to 200+M, though I've certainly heard that other Mini-14 owners have.
    (FYI, I traded my Mini-14 "even" for a circa 1955 Remington Model 760 in .270WCF.)

yours, satx

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Damned few Remington 'sporting guns' will be collectible, as they made so many of them over the years.

XP-100s, a few of the special or comemorative runs, some of the rarer chamberings (.221 FB, .17 Rem., et al.), but that's about it.

How many millions 870s, 1100s, 4/74/742/7400/6/76/760/7600s, did they pump out?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Damned few Remington 'sporting guns' will be collectible, as they made so many of them over the years.

XP-100s, a few of the special or comemorative runs, some of the rarer chamberings (.221 FB, .17 Rem., et al.), but that's about it.

How many millions 870s, 1100s, 4/74/742/7400/6/76/760/7600s, did they pump out?

GeorgeS,

The correct answer for "run of the mill" Remingtons is: MILLIONS.

One reason that I have been able to collect virtually every caliber/version of the Model 760 is that the "average guy" does NOT know how RARE that some chamberings of the pump-rifle are.= One of my "longtime daydreams" is FINDING/BUYING a Model 760 rifle and/or carbine in 7x57mm.
    (Remington made no more & likely many less than the 300 rifles/carbines in 7x57mm that Cherry's Sporting Goods originally ordered. - The contract was canceled, when the first rifles that were delivered, in that "oddball caliber", sold so poorly.)

NOTE: Model 760 rifles/carbines in .222 REM, .222 REM Mag, .223 REM, .244 REM & .257 Roberts are HARD TO FIND & while those rifles are certainly "niche collectables", I believe that their value will, over time, only GO UP.
    (This appreciation in value also applies to the "higher grades" of Model760 rifles/carbines.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    I'll keep an eye ou t for a 760 in 7x57 for you.

The pump-action rifles were enormously popular in Pennsylvania when I lived back east, where shots at running dear were common.

They were faster on follow-up shots than bolt-actions, chambered in more modern cartridges than most lever-actions (Browning BLR was one notable exception), and autoloaders were prohibited.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I am going to keep on hoping that the great majority of gun-folks will think, like some of you here, that Remington firearms are not collectible or at least not all that collectible. That way, I may still find them at some decent prices and will be able to enlarge my small collection of them which right now consists of 7 of them. For me they do not have to be expensive or rare to be collectible, they just need to suit my fancy at any given moment and be in decent condition.

One thing about Remington, they seem to sell fairly well at auction, here is a link to those that sold at the last Hessney.com auction, where they sold every one they had up for bids:

Top Bottom