• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Even the 2.0T isn't all that bad. Space is what makes it fun, but at least there's only one cam pulley to line up...

Very true. I don't think I'll mind doing a twin cam though now since I got the idea. It is kind of neat that the 2.0T is single cam. I didn't realize that my car was a single cam. Then again I dont know too much about them, but I'm learning!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Very true. I don't think I'll mind doing a twin cam though now since I got the idea. It is kind of neat that the 2.0T is single cam. I didn't realize that my car was a single cam. Then again I dont know too much about them, but I'm learning!

It's a twin cam engine, but the exhaust cam is driven off the belt and there's a chain between the intake and exhaust cams to drive the intake cam and for variable intake valve timing. The aluminum cover that the high pressure fuel pump is bolted to contains the chain and VCT stuff. It's similar in function to how the 1.8T cam setup was.

I think VW finally got with the program and switched from a belt and chain setup to all chain around 08 or 09 on the 2.0T.

Top Bottom