DK Firearms

Tinnitus . . . how are you dealing with it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mardad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2013
    Nacogdoches
    Good thread. Shooting, sawmills, steel mills. ringing ears since before I can remember. I have to have a box fan at night. Ceiling fan is not loud enough. All docs I've been to say "live with it". Folks that don't have it are, I have found, not nearly as thankfull as they should be.
    DK Firearms

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I've been told there's nothing you can do about it. Thankfully mine is, and has been since as long as I can remember, not too bad. It's ever present in varying perceived loudness, but it doesn't seem to affect what I can hear. Never been tested though. I've been told food/drink has an affect (e.g. Caffeine makes it louder).

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I've had it since I was 16 or so. Never goes away. I just think of it and pain as my 2 best friends. When they go away, I just died.
    Really, try not to think about it. Middle son has too from ear infections. You get used to it after awhile and tend not to notice it. Unless you are OCD.

from an idgit coffeeholic

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    My ears are ringing loudly as I type this. I do as others have mentioned and sleep with a fan on.

Same here. It never stops. It keeps me awake at night so since 03' I have been taking a sleeping aid. Otherwise I will stare the paint off of the walls.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Sometimes when I have read stories about people that just one day went nuts back in earlier days that Tinnitus might have been a contributing factor? Iff you think about it, they didn't have all of the noise we have today to keep our minds busy to not notice it as much or at all. So some guy is walking around for years with his head ringing, to which he cannot figure out why, so he cannot stand it and freaks out or in their terms goes mad.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My father, a Captain in the Medical Corps, was riding in a Jeep with several other soldiers. A German kid threw a grenade into the Jeep which killed several of the men and wounded Dad. I played with his "Purple Heart" as a kid.

He complained of that constant tone often especially at the dinner table for as long as I can remember. He learned to play several musical instruments and always commented that the tone interfered with his music.

He spent most of his non working life in an upholstered chair in his bedroom getting smashed and reading books. That's how he managed the tone and that's how I remember him.

He took that tone and pieces of that grenade to his grave. I hope that he found peace.

Flash

Last edited:

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Sorry to hear this Curtis. I'm worried about the future of my hearing too. I have some issues like this recently and it's NOT fun. When I used to tape live shows, I once had a set of head phones on and turned up all the way because I wasn't hearing anything. All of a sudden, the soundboard had some kind of massive feedback issue and I had a full blast shot of audio squeal in my ears. It literally still makes my ears hurt when I think about it. Keep us posted with any solutions.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Get up in the morning, smoke a cigar, etc., have a cup of high strength coffee and a cold beer, then listen to the ringing!!

never thought about the caffeine seems right after a pot of coffee in the morning. Your wrong about the alcohol drink until it stops lol

Top Bottom