Join TexasGunTalk

Tinnitus . . . how are you dealing with it?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Glockster69, Jan 15, 2016.

1. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Damn!

2. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    My tinnitus went away after I got HAs, and has stayed away even when not wearing them.

3. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    How do those foam plugs fit over your muffs? LOL!

TxStetson likes this.
  4. kbaxter60

kbaxter60 Hill Country State of Mind

Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Caffeine and alcohol seem to do the same for me. Unfortunately.
    I have just been living with it. Sometimes it almost makes me crazy.
    I had read some articles about audio tracks you listen to that "reprogram" your brain. Anyone have success with that?

5. Coiled

Coiled TGT Addict

Nov 25, 2016
    SE Tx
    If you haven't already, see post 46 here Baxter. I tried it years ago and it did not help. The link is still good so I may give it another shot.

Mine pushes me towards crazy at times too and while I don't necessarily relate caffeine or alcohol use to it, stress is a big factor for me. Unfortunately my work related stress has at least doubled in the past 16mo. :(

6. Coiled

Coiled TGT Addict

Nov 25, 2016
    SE Tx
    I've made it perfectly clear to all the people I've had to deal with that T is by far my major *hearing* issue. While the audiologist was doing the fitting and programming the aides with her PC, she said *I'm not going to turn on the tinnitus blocker because I want you to get used to the aides 1st.* WTF, woman !!!

A bit later during a sly & cunning move :green:, I asked her to turn on the blocker to see it helped, which she did ;). Even later walking me through using the phone app, she learned the T blocker could be controlled there.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  7. Coiled

Coiled TGT Addict

Nov 25, 2016
    SE Tx
    You're so very fortunate, what Mfg. / model do you have?

I've had Resound Linx Quattros aides since 8/6 and they've given negligible positive results and that may be an optimistic viewpoint. :(

8. mamboloco

mamboloco Active Member

Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    Tinnitus can develop from many illnesses. it is a journey to figure it out.

Some people are genetically unable to process toxins from mold , lyme etc and end up with brain inflamation. one of the symptoms of brain inflamation is Tinnitus.

quick and easy way to find if you are being affected by toxins is to take this visual contrast test. (free) vcstest.com

p.s I am not a doctor.

9. Big Green

Big Green Pew Pew TGT Supporter

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Huh? I can’t hear you.

OP is banned, but first two replies are online right now at 0354. Kinda comical considering the date of this thread.

10. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't understand. People who get banned may have, prior to their ban, started useful threads. Those threads survive and continue to draw responses. As someone with severe tinnitus, I'm happy to see this thread occasionally float to the top again.

So what do you find comical? That's a serious question; I'm not trying to be snarky. I'm trying to understand how the forum is not working in the way it is expected to by you, a valued member.

ZX9RCAM and Sandoval like this.