Tinnitus . . . how are you dealing with it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    Hearing loss is irreversible. Not much I can do but wear a hearing aid.

Some advantages for me:

The world is more peaceful and quieter when I don’t wear it.
    Automatic white noise, or birds or whatever my mind can think about when off.
    Serves as double protection with the muffs when at the range.
    Gets a compliment that I look so young when surrounded with senior citizens at the audiologist.
    I can turn it off and pretend that I’m listening, eg. annoying crowd, kids, wife etc…
    Also, I can listen through my phone, leave it and eavesdrop. Never tried this yet. Worried it might backfire. Lol

The disadvantages:

People yell when you tell them you’re wearing one. I can hear fine. It’s when I’m not wearing it that you have to talk loud. Lol

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    Huntsville-ish
    The majority of the car show yesterday (and today if you're interested) was outside but a small portion inside had a stage for contests / awards. Most of the time just music blaring no doubt in excess of 100dB yet parents let their small kids play in front of the speakers. My T didn't start until my 30s or 40s, I can't imagine an entire lifetime coping with it.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Had is since I don''t remember when... no one cared back then. Supposedly I miss alot of music quality... old now so 'too bad'... anyone got a spare $5k for some hearing aids.?

Eastexasrick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I raced motorcycles in the 70s. We ran open reverse cone exhausts in 4 cycles and expansion chambers with no muffling on the 2 cycles.. We wore half helmets; full face had not caught on. Absolutely no hearing protection. On left hand corners the guy beside you had his exhaust right up next to your head, inches away if you passed on the outside. After the race in the pits all the riders did not talk, we yelled because we could not hear over the howling in our ears. After a few years of that tinnitus has been a constant.

Top Bottom