Gun Zone Deals

Tinnitus . . . how are you dealing with it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    qRkcz9c.png

This looks like what's about to happen to the market.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    May be a stupid question, but, how can a coroner determine an individual had Tinnitus?
    I think you read it wrong. The abstract does not say the coroner determined that the suicide had tinnitus. It simply said that there were only four cases they found where the person had tinnitus, committed suicide, and was also examined by a coroner. If you read it that way, the existence of tinnitus and its contribution to the motivation for suicide may have come from any other source such as medical records or even a suicide note.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    When I go to an indoor range I like to use two sets of ear protection, plugs and over the ear. Other than that I try to limit noise input as much as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    There are many vehicles out there that are louder than mine, but if those are removed then mine would be the loudest and targeted next. I support the stick bundlers right to strait pipes! ;)

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I use this at work when it starts to get loud. Shuts it down real quick:

http://generalfuzz.net/acrn/
    15 to 20 minutes reading the thread and running a 8526 tone. When facing my laptop the tone was not, or barely, noticeable in my right ear but when I turned my head @ 30deg left (and at one point walked into another room), I could hear it plain as day.

Left ear tinnitus was constant and is far worse.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Here's a question, because it seems everyone perceives it differently. Does yours affect the lower limits of what is audible? Meaning, just because the tinnitus is loud, does it overpower sounds that you know are quieter? I have a constant pitch that varies in amplitude, but I can still plain as day pick up on real sounds that are FAR quieter. Honestly I can deal with this pretty easily, the ones that actually force me to take notice is when they get really loud in a single ear, usually with a different pitch, and accompanied by a marked decrease in real hearing sensitivity. Thankfully it's very infrequent, only lasts a handful of seconds and goes away quickly.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Roughnecking when I was 20ish, sleeping between two Waukeshas for warmth, working 3rd shift in January in Ft Stockton. When we weren't tripping Driller let me sleep. Ears been ringing ever since. Hearing aids for last 3 years have mitigated it some. I think sounds that I wasn't hearing before the hearing aids sort of drown out the ringing.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    After 22 plus years in the military, which included a minimum of 260 rides in Hueys, Chinooks, CH-37s, CH-19s, C-130s, C-119s and C-141s, most without hearing protection, my retirement physical showed I had some high frequency hearing loss.

I do have some tinnitus, but most of the time I don't notice it. It's just when someone brings up the subject, (like right now) that I actually notice it.

Top Bottom