tipping at the range

DCortez

TGT Addict
Jan 28, 2009
Houston, Cy-Fair
How much should you tip at the range?

Pistol?
Skeet?

I haven't tipped on the pistol or rifle range at Hot Wells, was I supposed to?. I'd like to take the family down for some skeet.

DCortez

TGT Addict
Jan 28, 2009
Houston, Cy-Fair
It didn't occur to me until I heard someone saying, "We pay $4.50 an hour plus tips. Some guys make $60-$70 a day pulling skeet". Feel kinda bad now, I've been to Hot Wells a lot in the past 3 months.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
I may be embarrassing myself here, but I have never even thought about tipping at any shooting range. Is tipping common?

I will say that if tipping is indeed a common/expected thing, I still wouldn't tip a red cent at Crap Wells.

nalioth

Oct 13, 2008
Houston Metro
Did I stumble upon the "Texas Dining Guide" instead of TGT?

"Tipping at the range?"

Only being paid $4.50 / hour?

I believe either

someone should be reported to the State for payroll violations

or

your other leg is being pulled and those who are "working for tips" are making bank on top of their Federal minimum wage.

DCortez

TGT Addict
Jan 28, 2009
Houston, Cy-Fair
I'm not sure about the leg pulling. I didn't really want to say who said it, but, the key is WE pay, not we GET paid.

But yea, pay your people. If times are tough, get your fat rump out there and work the business yourself. From what I can tell, the gun business isn't exactly hurting at the moment.

Texas42

TGT Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Texas
My idea of tipping at the range was leaving my spent brass for them. . . . . . ..

Never really thougt about it before. No signs and never saw anyone do it. At least at the range I've been going to.

dee

Well-Known
Nov 22, 2008
Red River Way
I worked at our local Feild & Stream trap/skeet range in jh and into college off and on. I got paid $5.00 flat no tax's cash at the end of the day which paid for my first truck. The closest I ever got to a tip was getting to shot some awesome guns (Perazzi , Bob Schultz custom , BT 99/100).

Top Bottom