• Status
    Not open for further replies.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Funny thing is that the constitution protects the Douchebag as much as it protects the GQ model.

Sorry I don't\can't dress like mr suave here. If I need to mold myself into his idea of a person who open carries it's no longer a freedom I'll enjoy.

9ad2a9d09d9d37b153b3e49a1d32a24b.jpg

Fernando_Sucre

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Fox River
    I agree with him. I'm blazing a trail in East Texas as one of only 2 black men I know who open carries. I'm a pioneer. I'm the Rosa Parks of gun rights. I'm showing these people that a black man with a gun is nothing to fear. Part of that is looking good while I OC.

ervdrvr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Harker Heights
    He does make some good points. Except, being a "walking billboard " and "turning heads" is not high on my priority list while carrying...open or concealed. I'd rather be as anonymous as possible.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I agree with him. I'm blazing a trail in East Texas as one of only 2 black men I know who open carries. I'm a pioneer. I'm the Rosa Parks of gun rights. I'm showing these people that a black man with a gun is nothing to fear. Part of that is looking good while I OC.
    heyyyyyy heyyyyyy im out there to

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    The dude looks good true but by the time he unbuttoned the fight is over
    And im not white sooo im going with a nice pair of snakeskins jeans and a stetson

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    If you dress like Slob McAllister, you continue to perpetrate stereotypes which work against us.

LMAO ! That's a huge amount of dudes I run into that are carrying. Not OCing but carrying. So now we are to spruce up our dress and clothing habits. Uhm those statements will get some push back and nobody will do this.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

I applaud your efforts but be mighty careful with that chip on your shoulder.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Funny thing is that the constitution protects the Douchebag as much as it protects the GQ model.

Sorry I don't\can't dress like mr suave here. If I need to mold myself into his idea of a person who open carries it's no longer a freedom I'll enjoy.

At least put on your least stained "wife beater" when you go to town. Maybe don't roll your Marlboros up in the sleeve either. That is all we ask.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    So this is the gun version of "Everyone would be cool with gay marriage if it was always two hot chicks?"

I look good all the time. Let's set that aside. The thought that someone has to look a certain way to be free is so repulsive that I'm wanna say FU to the guy who wrote the article. Maybe tats should disqualify people? Dirty shirt? What else?

The only part I agree with is how you conduct yourself - your actions. I agree 100% with not being a jerk, but that's also irrelevant to OC. You should try not to be a jerk regardless of OC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    So this is the gun version of "Everyone would be cool with gay marriage if it was always two hot chicks?"

I look good all the time. Let's set that aside. The thought that someone has to look a certain way to be free is so repulsive that I'm wanna say FU to the guy who wrote the article. Maybe tats should disqualify people? Dirty shirt? What else?

The only part I agree with is how you conduct yourself - your actions. I agree 100% with not being a jerk, but that's also irrelevant to OC. You should try not to be a jerk regardless of OC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1

Living free means putting up with ugly people.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I'm not going to reading article but by the picture and comments, I get the gist.

So am I supposed to be happy that a guy that probably can't swing a hammer and worries about manscapping more than being a man is now carrying a much more effective tool?

I will carry however I damn well please. Couldn't give a **** else. 2nd amendment has no dress code.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I think you guys are reading way too much into it.

All the author is getting at is pay attention to your personal appearance while you are carrying. People are looking at you while you carry more than they normally would. You are more than ever a representative of our culture.

Look at the douchenozzles at OCT and how they set us back in our fight for rights. The author is just saying don't be one of those guys.

Maybe fix your combover. Maybe no sox with your Crocs. Maybe remove the crumbs from your beard. Maybe wear a little longer shirt so your gut isn't hanging out the bottom. Maybe swap the flat bill for a regular ball cap. Maybe wear a T shirt instead of a tank top over your natural man sweater.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom