• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    That's why I don't go to church anymore. It has nothing to do with my belief system or anything like that, if I found one I really enjoyed I would be there.

I went back to the church I grew up on years ago. When I was there with my parents, I was a kid and didn't see the politics of it all. As an adult, I was shunned and talked down to because of being heavily tattooed. The youth minister was cheating on his wife with another married woman there... things like that. I heard so much negativity and witnessed abundant hypocrisy, so I was done with it.

The important part is living a good life, helping others, and trying to make a difference each day... even if it's tiny and even if it's thankless. Church should be an encouragement to do this, and a group of people with the same mindset to support each other.
    Texas SOT

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    I hear you. Been to some churches where is all gloom and doom. We did finally found a church where the message is about hope. Healing and where everyone truly cares about the others and you feel safe and loved. So they are put there. Dont give up looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I'm catholic, technically we aren't even allowed to use the bathroom with out committing a sin and therefore going to hell.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Been going to SpringCreek church in Garland. It's the kind of church you are looking for.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    I have a good church to go to. It is a little weird to be there when my exwife is there with her boyfriend. But i do go and still feel the love from my friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'm catholic, technically we aren't even allowed to use the bathroom with out committing a sin and therefore going to hell.

So am I and I don't get what you're saying.

There's a set, multiple year liturgical cycle to get through the gospels. Every Catholic Church has the same set of readings on a given Sunday.

The priests prepare their sermons based on those readings. Some are better speakers than others but they are all focused on living more like Jesus in some aspect. Loose cannons continually going off on negative things like the OP mentioned would get reigned in by the bishop in their diocese.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    So am I and I don't get what you're saying.

There's a set, multiple year liturgical cycle to get through the gospels. Every Catholic Church has the same set of readings on a given Sunday.

The priests prepare their sermons based on those readings. Some are better speakers than others but they are all focused on living more like Jesus in some aspect. Loose cannons continually going off on negative things like the OP mentioned would get reigned in by the bishop in their diocese.

Our priest was also molesting children so going by the book wasn't really his thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ag1052

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    First if anyone should have hope it should be the pastor. It doesn't matter how bad things seem God is still in control.

second for gold/silver that seems like bad advice. Gold and Silver are really high right now. This is a good time to sell not buy. Also if our money does collapse, gold and silver won't be nearly as sought after as things that are actually needed for survival.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Seems pastors who make a living off of such would know that honey attracts more than salt.

Although I know how they work I don't understand most other churches that well as a Mormon.

Here's an article from my church's monthly magazine about Hope: The Healing Balm of Hope - Ensign Sept. 2013 - ensign

“There may be some among you who feel darkness encroaching upon you. You may feel burdened by worry, fear, or doubt. To you and to all of us, I repeat a wonderful and certain truth: God’s light is real. It is available to all! It gives life to all things. It has the power to soften the sting of the deepest wound. It can be a healing balm for the loneliness and sickness of our souls. In the furrows of despair, it can plant the seeds of a brighter hope. … It can illuminate the path before us and lead us through the darkest night into the promise of a new dawn.

“This is ‘the Spirit of Jesus Christ,’ which gives ‘light to every man that cometh into the world.’

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think a good Christian pastor should mention Christians being persecuted. However, we should focus on hope, salvation and living in missional communities.

Hard to find a good church but they are out there. None perfect though.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I started this Thread in 2009 and was surprised when it came back to life. We are visiting different churches from time to time but have never found the one that seemed right for us to join as full time members. I was surprised how many others had similar issues in their churches. Just wish that today's Pastor's could realize the church does not belong to them but belongs to God!

Top Bottom