Venture Surplus ad

Tired of shooting paper... Anyone have an alternative place to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    I'm a hold out. My wife's family has 500 or acres of woodlands about a 1.5 hours or so east of Dallas and another 2000 acrea or so out near Pampa. They go out there every few months with the guys from the office at her folks business and some clients and shoot whatever they can drag out. They keep it clean, especially since the guys at the office are working on getting it turned into a nice deer lease.

The Pampa land is all leased to a farmer, but they apparently kept the hunting rights so they can go bird hunting out there. Been working on getting the Father in law to let me take my rifles out and try some longrange stuff our there before the wind-turbines go in.

There real particular about letting folks out though. Some of the relatives used to go out there all the time to the east texas property and shoot, but they or their friends turned the range area into a virtual trash dump that took a couple roll-off boxes to clean-up. Since then its been immediate family and close friends under supervision.

If it was closer I would probably loose my job for trying to be out there all the time.

Malladus

What side of town is the land in Pampa on? North or West?

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I can't resist ...really I can't. I tried to resist for several days but I can't.

I hear Afghanistan is nice this time of year. You can shoot all sorts of things there. Also the Gaza Strip seems pretty gun friendly right now.

Top Bottom