APOD Firearms

To keep or not to keep, that is the question. Dated/Older Rifles.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    As a collector of Soviet small arms, I would advise hanging onto those rifles unless you need the money. They have increased considerably in price, doubling or even tripling in some cases. They days of a $99 Mosin-Nagant with 440 rounds in a spam can are long gone.

I would never sell or trade a milsurp for something modern, you can always buy new guns but it can be extremely difficult to replace a rare military rifle.

Lastly, remember your audience! They same people telling you they aren't worth anything are the same ones asking how much you want for them! Find out what you really have and what it's worth!
    Military Camp

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Thoughts on washing cosmoline off Mosin-Nagant to install Archangel furniture?
    If you do not modify the base rifle and can restore to original condiition then heck yes, have fun with it....if you plan to modify the rifle permanently then I suggest that you sell the original and find a previously bent gun to experiment with

XLR8R

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2023
    Paris
    If you do not modify the base rifle and can restore to original condiition then heck yes, have fun with it....if you plan to modify the rifle permanently then I suggest that you sell the original and find a previously bent gun to experiment with
    Sound advice.

XLR8R

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2023
    Paris
    No. Please don't be "that guy!"
    I view these things in context - there was a time when buying another country's NOS outdated "junk" engendered a lack of remorse for subjecting it to various forms of creative destruction, so it's appropriate that the Mosin-Nagant has appreciated in many ways - yet I remember the Dragunov always enjoying the favor of afficionados.

Top Bottom