• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I've had the turret press kit on order since mid November. I understand yadda yadda back orders and logistics. What I'm really wondering is should I cancel my order, get the refund and just go ahead and get the dillon 550c for 9mm and then a 223 conversion kit later (and then even later 6.5 grendel) because at this point if I had ordered the Dillon in November I'd already have it up and running.
    Gun Zone Deals

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Dillon has a decent reputation but I prefer RCBS mainly because they have a tremendous reputation in personal service. Example: I had a bullet puller break, I called them and they said send it in that they would take care of it. Less than a week from when I mailed it, I received a new bullet puller and all the accessories for it ..................Free. They will continue to get my business!

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Dillon has a decent reputation but I prefer RCBS mainly because they have a tremendous reputation in personal service. Example: I had a bullet puller break, I called them and they said send it in that they would take care of it. Less than a week from when I mailed it, I received a new bullet puller and all the accessories for it ..................Free. They will continue to get my business!

I have experienced great service with RCBS and Dillon equally. It’s tough to better the Single Stage presses, and dies quality, price and service of RCBS. However RCBS has struggled with optimizing and servicing their progressive presses and have a history of bailing on them soon.

While Dillon had to bail on their very first hobby press over 40 years ago due to losing bucks on every press they have been able to service or modify everything going forward. That first press was the RL 300.

Dillon’s presses are all progressive, that’s their focus. That says a lot in my book.

All progressives need tinkering; Dillons need the least.

The only progressive that comes close to a Dillon is the Hornady. That is another argument/war in itself.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I like the Dillon company, but I don't use their press. I use a Lee Classic turret for most of my reloading. I have an RCBS JR that I started with back in 1970 or 71.... the ram had started getting a touch loose in feel, so I sort of semi retired it about 10 yrs ago.
    I don't know if you can use the Dillon as a single stage... if you can, it might be the better deal, time wise. There is nothing wrong with the Lee Turret press, if you can get one.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If you want progressive go Dillon. If you don't have a ton to do and want to watch each step go Lee Classic Turret. Note I said Classic. I make more than I shoot and have a Lee Classic Turret.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Lee stuff is okay for light production.
    If you want to load something unusual like say a few hundred rds of .44Russian or .25-20 Winchester you can get going fairly inexpensively with Lee. With care you can make quality ammo.
    Now if you want to load up 5000rds of 9mm or .38 the Dillon is light years ahead.
    OP better post pics of his new Dillon or else.

BTW: buy a 10mm Auto tool head. I need someone to reload for it. LoL

Top Bottom