To make camping diverse - make cheaper gear?

Aus_Schwaben

První k vědět, poslední k péče!
Jan 31, 2019
Abilene, TX

From what I gather, the lack of diversity in parks is the fault of the people that make camping equipment. They discriminate by making the best equipment very pricey. Who would have thought that good equipment would be expensive - I for one am shocked and feel that Congress needs to investigate this. I bet they are discriminating by charging $4000 for a Nighthawk or $8000 for an H&K 416 but in the case of the NFAC, they are probably doing it to save lives.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
I learned in the Army if I am going camping either the temp is less than 60° or I am in an RV. NTC in July was not my idea of the best way to spend three weeks in California.
My last trip there was in September 2011. Still hit as balls and in the middle of nowhere. Went to 29 Palms in June of 13 and it was hotter and further in the sticks.

Better living conditions though.

Mills

Well-Known
Mar 22, 2020
Texas
Quote ; From what I gather, the lack of diversity in parks is the fault of the people that make camping equipment. They discriminate by making the best equipment very pricey.

My thoughts exactly !

Big Dipper

Well-Known
Sep 10, 2012
ATX & FC, WI
The “cost” of camping gear certainly doesn’t seem to be an inhibiting factor for the homeless who are ”camping” on the streets of the large cities.

I always subscribed to the old adage that in regards to camping equipment: there is light weight, inexpensive and sturdy — you can have any two but not all three!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Actually there’s a lot of truth to that statement. In the US it seems to predominantly affect non-whites. So the Chinese are racist against non-whites. Crazy world.
Ain’t they yellow?

Top Bottom