To make camping diverse - make cheaper gear?

Southpaw

Plague enthusiast
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
Maybe it's me, but I couldn't even find an actual page where you put in a request of a kit. I see it says they stopped taking request, but the IG page they mention doesn't seem to exist.
I was hoping to get on that list and then send them a picture of my Honky ass camping with it. :banana:

sidebite252

Well-Known
Mar 26, 2013
Lake Texoma
I saw this a couple of days back. I was reading it to my wife and she just said “stop it, I’m tired of hearing the stupidity”.

Nothing is surprising us anymore just waiting on the new race bait. Their will be more.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
Maybe it's me, but I couldn't even find an actual page where you put in a request of a kit. I see it says they stopped taking request, but the IG page they mention doesn't seem to exist.
I was hoping to get on that list and then send them a picture of my Honky ass camping with it. :banana:
Except,
"Jackson posted on Instagram asking if any people of color wanted a free camping kit."

ETA: I tried to "bold" this, but it made no difference.

Axxe55

Professional Troublemaker
Dec 15, 2019
Deep East Texas.
It's more nonsense to confuse an issue that doesn't exist in the first place. I have never spent a lot of money on camping gear. You can go camping on the cheap, even in an RV if you shop around for deals. In RV's, sometimes those deals include putting some "sweat equity" into them to make them operable, as in some hard work. But camping can be done on the cheap.

So it just more BS to create an issue where there isn't one to begin with. Maybe many black Americans just don't care for camping in the first place. But for someone to surmise that the cost of camping gear keeps black Americans from being able to enjoy spending time camping, is just utter stupidity.

Mills

Well-Known
Mar 22, 2020
Texas
Now that I am an old fart, the thought of sleeping in a tent, and trying to get out of said tent, don’t sound so great.

Top Bottom