Patriot Mobile

To make camping diverse - make cheaper gear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Maybe black people like cities and depending on society more? Does black culture make you think of a rugged outdoorsman? Sure as shit doesnt to me. Its cultural differences and you dont fix that by trying to shame white people out from camping. I cant believe I just typed that last sentence unironically. Wtf is going on in this world.

Plus, this is just more excuse making. You dont need half of the bullshit marketed for camping today so thats a poor excuse. Never once in my life have I seen a black person camping, but if I did, I wouldn't be like this. "Well, that does it, get the rope. We got a black one here out in the middle of nowhere camping near us". Just more making anti white bullshit socially acceptable and mainstream. I cant think of one black person at my job who hasn't looked at me like I am crazy when I say that I go camping all the time or that I hunt all the time lol. Its not a part of their culture for the large majority of them.

On a bright note, maybe this will get all the white guilt yuppies away from camping. Shit, maybe Colorado will clear out now

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It's more nonsense to confuse an issue that doesn't exist in the first place. I have never spent a lot of money on camping gear. You can go camping on the cheap, even in an RV if you shop around for deals. In RV's, sometimes those deals include putting some "sweat equity" into them to make them operable, as in some hard work. But camping can be done on the cheap.

So it just more BS to create an issue where there isn't one to begin with. Maybe many black Americans just don't care for camping in the first place. But for someone to surmise that the cost of camping gear keeps black Americans from being able to enjoy spending time camping, is just utter stupidity.

Seems very racist of that website to infer that black folks cannot afford to go camping. Of the top 10 richest people I know, four of them are black, and the richest is black.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Camping, to me anyway, was something you did when doing something better.
    Fishing out in high country. You camped while you fished.
    Hunting? Yep you camped.
    Gold panning in the mountains. You camped while you did that.
    traveling? Yep.
    Photograph safari? Yep.

Pack way the fluck out there and just set up a camp? Aww hell naw.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Tent camping BTDT on the floating tent picture. Granulated to an RV and now roughing it is only having water and electric hook-ups, no sewer. Actually don't need any of that as mine is self contained.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    And don’t feed the bears.
    zbB.gif

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    The “cost” of camping gear certainly doesn’t seem to be an inhibiting factor for the homeless who are ”camping” on the streets of the large cities.

I always subscribed to the old adage that in regards to camping equipment: there is light weight, inexpensive and sturdy — you can have any two but not all three!
    A similar situation with military procurement - effective, inexpensive, or politically viable - if you are lucky, you get two out of three.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Camping is plenty diverse already, especially any PUBLIC facilities. May as well be staying at your county trailer park on a Saturday night most of the summer. Half the campground around is is full of people who LIVE there and have to move every 2 o 3 weeks.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Back in the day when I was a youngster we would camp at Lake Buchanan on a couple of quilts. I found later that my year in Vietnam was camping of the same sort. Heaven was when I traded my old WW2 flak vest for one of those modern soft vests the army had.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    It's more nonsense to confuse an issue that doesn't exist in the first place. I have never spent a lot of money on camping gear. You can go camping on the cheap, even in an RV if you shop around for deals. In RV's, sometimes those deals include putting some "sweat equity" into them to make them operable, as in some hard work. But camping can be done on the cheap.

So it just more BS to create an issue where there isn't one to begin with. Maybe many black Americans just don't care for camping in the first place. But for someone to surmise that the cost of camping gear keeps black Americans from being able to enjoy spending time camping, is just utter stupidity.
    Is white chocolate racist?

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Why would they want to go camping anyways? Isn't that what they were doing when they picked up and brought over here? Why go back to living like that? Camping is made to rough it and pretend to be poor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Why would they want to go camping anyways? Isn't that what they were doing when they picked up and brought over here? Why go back to living like that? Camping is made to rough it and pretend to be poor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oh young Paddowan. So much to be learned.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    You want diversity in camping? Black market camping gear with product markings from Prada, Gucci, and Polo! If you think the parks are crowded now, wait until this idea takes off.

Of course, I can not wait until people are triggered by the animals making fun of certain peoples hair, you know kinda like "buffalo soldiers".

Top Bottom