Texas SOT

To make camping diverse - make cheaper gear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

From what I gather, the lack of diversity in parks is the fault of the people that make camping equipment. They discriminate by making the best equipment very pricey. Who would have thought that good equipment would be expensive - I for one am shocked and feel that Congress needs to investigate this. I bet they are discriminating by charging $4000 for a Nighthawk or $8000 for an H&K 416 but in the case of the NFAC, they are probably doing it to save lives.
    Venture Surplus ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I learned in the Army if I am going camping either the temp is less than 60° or I am in an RV. NTC in July was not my idea of the best way to spend three weeks in California.

My last trip there was in September 2011. Still hit as balls and in the middle of nowhere. Went to 29 Palms in June of 13 and it was hotter and further in the sticks.

Better living conditions though.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Quote ; From what I gather, the lack of diversity in parks is the fault of the people that make camping equipment. They discriminate by making the best equipment very pricey.

My thoughts exactly !

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    The “cost” of camping gear certainly doesn’t seem to be an inhibiting factor for the homeless who are ”camping” on the streets of the large cities.

I always subscribed to the old adage that in regards to camping equipment: there is light weight, inexpensive and sturdy — you can have any two but not all three!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Maybe it's me, but I couldn't even find an actual page where you put in a request of a kit. I see it says they stopped taking request, but the IG page they mention doesn't seem to exist.
    I was hoping to get on that list and then send them a picture of my Honky ass camping with it. :banana:

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I saw this a couple of days back. I was reading it to my wife and she just said “stop it, I’m tired of hearing the stupidity”.

Nothing is surprising us anymore just waiting on the new race bait. Their will be more.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Maybe it's me, but I couldn't even find an actual page where you put in a request of a kit. I see it says they stopped taking request, but the IG page they mention doesn't seem to exist.
    I was hoping to get on that list and then send them a picture of my Honky ass camping with it. :banana:

Except,
    "Jackson posted on Instagram asking if any people of color wanted a free camping kit."

ETA: I tried to "bold" this, but it made no difference.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    shutterstock_688464934-1.jpg
    shutterstock_1262240608-1.jpg
    bears_attack_tent.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It's more nonsense to confuse an issue that doesn't exist in the first place. I have never spent a lot of money on camping gear. You can go camping on the cheap, even in an RV if you shop around for deals. In RV's, sometimes those deals include putting some "sweat equity" into them to make them operable, as in some hard work. But camping can be done on the cheap.

So it just more BS to create an issue where there isn't one to begin with. Maybe many black Americans just don't care for camping in the first place. But for someone to surmise that the cost of camping gear keeps black Americans from being able to enjoy spending time camping, is just utter stupidity.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Now that I am an old fart, the thought of sleeping in a tent, and trying to get out of said tent, don’t sound so great.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom