TGT Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
It works on my Glock, but not my 1911.

Dougw1515

Well-Known
Jul 14, 2020
USA
You're all wrong!!! Lapping compound is the cure. You can get it in 'Fine' 'Medium' and 'Course' It is grease and grit all in the same can!

JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
Sep 20, 2020
Texas
Light Wd40 Rub down on the outside.
Rem oil or clp in the inside.
Light smear of Red lithium grease on the action.

Shoot, clean, repeat.

There, that didn’t take an hour and your firearms will last 3 life times.

seeker_two

TGT Addict
Jul 1, 2008
I remember famous revolver aficionado Grant Cunningham stating that he used a vegetable-based lubricant similar to what is used on deli meat slicers on his guns. He states that it works as well as a petroleum lube, and it doesn't irritate the skin or have poisonous side effects.

Anyone try this?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
I remember famous revolver aficionado Grant Cunningham stating that he used a vegetable-based lubricant similar to what is used on deli meat slicers on his guns. He states that it works as well as a petroleum lube, and it doesn't irritate the skin or have poisonous side effects.

Anyone try this?
On blackpowder guns this is preferable.
Petroleum based lubes leave residue when scorched burned. The resulting residue is difficult to remove. Vegetable based lube residue cleans off much easier. Veggie based make for poor lubricant. They’re abysmal for rust prevention.
Use a proper gun oil for rust prevention.
On modern smokeless guns the trick is to use oil and grease sparingly. Just a dab where it’s needed. If you’re gonna fire elevrntybillion rounds then you need to lube heavy. Just clean afterwards. Never allow the resulting gunk to set up. That just makes for more work trying to clean out the concrete in your weapon.
Some of the old school gun cleaning products were pretty nasty chemically. Hoppe’s had benzene in it!
Modern stuff isn’t nearly as bad.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads