To Oil or Not to Oil

geohicks

Oct 1, 2020
Oklahoma
Oricalum, you're far more of a gentleman than me. But yeah, Gunblue490 generously shares his wealth of knowledge with no expectations of a return. The time and dedication he puts into his videos is evident with each one. And like you, I enjoy listening to him in the background while cleaning and oiling my guns.

It's too bad that there are people who will malign an individual on the basis of a post that is "patently false" as you point out, without knowing a single thing about the man, while admitting as much in the same breath. You know, kinda like what GoPappy said.

Not watching the video tonight but based on your summation I would say he is basing his opinion on not properly oiling a firearm. He probably dumped a half gallon of 30wt in it and decided it was the oils fault when the gun filled with gunk.
I never watched the video
But by taking in what you said that he says...
My opinion is that he is a dumbass
TL;DW But if he is advocating never oiling a firearm.......gotta think he's a bit off.
But, he's such a sweet old man with many, many years of experience with guns! From his childhood, through Vietman, through the police force, and through working as a gunsmith. I want to trust him!

Oh, well. Can anyone steer me to videos where it's done right?

Oricalum

Oct 1, 2020
Houston
Oricalum, you're far more of a gentleman than me. But yeah, Gunblue490 generously shares his wealth of knowledge with no expectations of a return. The time and dedication he puts into his videos is evident with each one. And like you, I enjoy listening to him in the background while cleaning and oiling my guns.

It's too bad that there are people who will malign an individual on the basis of a post that is "patently false" as you point out, without knowing a single thing about the man, while admitting as much in the same breath. You know, kinda like what GoPappy said.
My apologies, I could have picked better wording on that sentence. Have a great day Sir!

zackmars

Well-Known
Nov 4, 2015
Texas
No oil.. Frog lube.
Don't bother, using mud is cheaper, and works just as well if your goal is to jam your gun shut

Top Bottom