• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geohicks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2020
    Oklahoma
    Oricalum, you're far more of a gentleman than me. But yeah, Gunblue490 generously shares his wealth of knowledge with no expectations of a return. The time and dedication he puts into his videos is evident with each one. And like you, I enjoy listening to him in the background while cleaning and oiling my guns.

It's too bad that there are people who will malign an individual on the basis of a post that is "patently false" as you point out, without knowing a single thing about the man, while admitting as much in the same breath. You know, kinda like what GoPappy said.

Not watching the video tonight but based on your summation I would say he is basing his opinion on not properly oiling a firearm. He probably dumped a half gallon of 30wt in it and decided it was the oils fault when the gun filled with gunk.

I never watched the video
    But by taking in what you said that he says...
    My opinion is that he is a dumbass

TL;DW But if he is advocating never oiling a firearm.......gotta think he's a bit off.

But, he's such a sweet old man with many, many years of experience with guns! From his childhood, through Vietman, through the police force, and through working as a gunsmith. I want to trust him!

Oh, well. Can anyone steer me to videos where it's done right?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    You joined to resurrect an almost year and a half old post to rant about it?

Trolling.jpg

Oricalum

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2020
    Houston
    Oricalum, you're far more of a gentleman than me. But yeah, Gunblue490 generously shares his wealth of knowledge with no expectations of a return. The time and dedication he puts into his videos is evident with each one. And like you, I enjoy listening to him in the background while cleaning and oiling my guns.

It's too bad that there are people who will malign an individual on the basis of a post that is "patently false" as you point out, without knowing a single thing about the man, while admitting as much in the same breath. You know, kinda like what GoPappy said.
    My apologies, I could have picked better wording on that sentence. Have a great day Sir!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Gosh, why do you guys have to be so serious about everything...........

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    You're all wrong!!! Lapping compound is the cure. You can get it in 'Fine' 'Medium' and 'Course' It is grease and grit all in the same can!

JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2020
    Texas
    Light Wd40 Rub down on the outside.
    Rem oil or clp in the inside.
    Light smear of Red lithium grease on the action.

Shoot, clean, repeat.

There, that didn’t take an hour and your firearms will last 3 life times.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I remember famous revolver aficionado Grant Cunningham stating that he used a vegetable-based lubricant similar to what is used on deli meat slicers on his guns. He states that it works as well as a petroleum lube, and it doesn't irritate the skin or have poisonous side effects.

Anyone try this?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I remember famous revolver aficionado Grant Cunningham stating that he used a vegetable-based lubricant similar to what is used on deli meat slicers on his guns. He states that it works as well as a petroleum lube, and it doesn't irritate the skin or have poisonous side effects.

Anyone try this?

On blackpowder guns this is preferable.
    Petroleum based lubes leave residue when scorched burned. The resulting residue is difficult to remove. Vegetable based lube residue cleans off much easier. Veggie based make for poor lubricant. They’re abysmal for rust prevention.
    Use a proper gun oil for rust prevention.
    On modern smokeless guns the trick is to use oil and grease sparingly. Just a dab where it’s needed. If you’re gonna fire elevrntybillion rounds then you need to lube heavy. Just clean afterwards. Never allow the resulting gunk to set up. That just makes for more work trying to clean out the concrete in your weapon.
    Some of the old school gun cleaning products were pretty nasty chemically. Hoppe’s had benzene in it!
    Modern stuff isn’t nearly as bad.

Top Bottom