• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I finally got to the range today to test the Franklin Armory trigger I installed in my Ruger PC Charger. I couldn't believe how busy they were. Usually during the week, it's just me or maybe one or two other guys. Must have been 10 people there. Not just old retired guys like me either.

Anyhow, I just wanted to function check the new trigger. RSO told me no rapid fire. Fired a bunch in semi auto, then flipped it to binary. Pull and hold...bang, release the trigger and bang again. Did that several times until once I forgot and pulled and released immediately. Bang, bang. Very quick double tap. nobody said anything.

I had switched to the Glock mag well when I first got the pistol. First trip to the range I used 2 Glock OEM 30 round mags with no problems. This time I took along some 17 round mags. Two Magpuls and one Glock OEM. The two Magpuls worked fine, but the 1 Glock mag wouldn't feed. First round-no problem, second round, the bolt would hang up on the mag. Pull back and release the bolt, it fed the round, but not the next one. I noticed the Glock mag was also very tight in the mag well too. Ha, I'm gonna check again. Maybe it was one of my 10mm mags.
    Hurley's Gold

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I finally got to the range today to test the Franklin Armory trigger I installed in my Ruger PC Charger. I couldn't believe how busy they were. Usually during the week, it's just me or maybe one or two other guys. Must have been 10 people there. Not just old retired guys like me either.

Anyhow, I just wanted to function check the new trigger. RSO told me no rapid fire. Fired a bunch in semi auto, then flipped it to binary. Pull and hold...bang, release the trigger and bang again. Did that several times until once I forgot and pulled and released immediately. Bang, bang. Very quick double tap. nobody said anything.

I had switched to the Glock mag well when I first got the pistol. First trip to the range I used 2 Glock OEM 30 round mags with no problems. This time I took along some 17 round mags. Two Magpuls and one Glock OEM. The two Magpuls worked fine, but the 1 Glock mag wouldn't feed. First round-no problem, second round, the bolt would hang up on the mag. Pull back and release the bolt, it fed the round, but not the next one. I noticed the Glock mag was also very tight in the mag well too. Ha, I'm gonna check again. Maybe it was one of my 10mm mags.

Where you at the gun range in Florence? We live close and that's the only one near me unless you're a member of the firing line.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Awesome! Where did you get the trigger from? Order online or is there a local business I can support?
    Yeah, I ordered it online direct from Franklin Armory. They have only been out since the 4th of July for the PC Charger. The carbine uses the same PC-C1. I didn't look for one locally.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Where you at the gun range in Florence? We live close and that's the only one near me unless you're a member of the firing line.
    Yes, it's only 12 minutes from my house. Been going there for about 7 years. It was kind of shabby at first, but Tony has really put some work into it. They have a Florence address, but it's actually right off of 183 N.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yes, it's only 12 minutes from my house. Been going there for about 7 years. It was kind of shabby at first, but Tony has really put some work into it. They have a Florence address, but it's actually right off of 183 N.
    What is Tony’s last name if you know it? If the is the lone star range it used to be Tony’s Gun Range back in the 90’s. He was a great guy and if he bought the place back, that would be kinda cool.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    What is Tony’s last name if you know it? If the is the lone star range it used to be Tony’s Gun Range back in the 90’s. He was a great guy and if he bought the place back, that would be kinda cool.
    Oh damn, you would ask me that. I used to know at one time. I think it's Italian. Yeah, it's probably the same Tony. Ex cop, former Marine. He told me the story of how he owned it and leased it out, but then had hell getting rid of them when the lease expired.

Okay, got it. Tony LaCoste.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

Its about 20 minutes from me and by far the closest range to my house. I like the place, my only complaint is the rifle shooting is very limited, there is almost always a wait even if you go on the weekdays.

They're a fine group though. Wish they had more rifle lanes, but I get it limited space etc.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Oh damn, you would ask me that. I used to know at one time. I think it's Italian. Yeah, it's probably the same Tony. Ex cop, former Marine. He told me the story of how he owned it and leased it out, but then had hell getting rid of them when the lease expired.

Okay, got it. Tony LaCoste.
    Not the same Tony. Although the bio is very similar. Tony Theroux was the original owner. Former cop, Vietnam era navy vet. Thanks for the update though.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    DAMN IT!!! THERE YOU GO TRY'N TO SPEND MY MONEY AGAIN!! PROBABLY HAFTA GIT ONE OF THOSE. THANKS FOR THE REPORT.
    One thing you have to keep in mind is, after installing the binary trigger, you have to remove both selector levers to field strip. Not a big deal, just takes a 1/16th hex wrench that comes with the kit. Another thing is if you ever need to send the gun in to Ruger for service, you will need to reinstall the OEM trigger first or risk them keeping the binary trigger. Keep all the OEM parts and try not to lose the safety detent and spring when you disassemble it. Mine is somewhere on the floor. :)

Top Bottom