• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Lots of truckers make this exact mistake. Either they cannot make the turn or they get stuck on a high RR crossing.
    The interesting part is that since this is an oversized load, the dispatcher should have planned the route to ensure that the load does not get stuck.

As far as the collision, the bigger danger, IMHO, is the blade being pushed by the train down the tracks and causing much more damage than if the train hit, let's say, just a simple cargo trailer full of packages or something. These turbine blades are strong and can cause a lot of damage and injuries.

Glad nobody was injured in this one. Oof.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    We passed that convoy when we were driving back from Rockport yesterday. They were stopped on the side of 183 by the buc-ee's at I10 and 183. They should have went down I10 to SH80. Then they could have driven straight thru Luling instead of making that turn

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Driver was an idiot. I've driven through that intersection a zillion times - no way he could make that turn. Saw that this morning - quite a few co-workers in Luling. Probably the most excitement there since the last Watermelon Thump.
    Permitted loads like that are usually routed by someone other than the driver, so unless he or she deviated from the assigned route, the idiot might be sitting at a desk routing a 14 ft high load under else under a 13 ft bridge for tomorrow.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    We passed that convoy when we were driving back from Rockport yesterday. They were stopped on the side of 183 by the buc-ee's at I10 and 183. They should have went down I10 to SH80. Then they could have driven straight thru Luling instead of making that turn
    They're a common sight these days around here and I always see them go on I-10 west to Hwy 80 back north.

This guy had to be off route which is a big screw up plus he was trying to cut thru the gas station parking lot. Lucky nobody was killed because the farmers market there is usually pretty busy on weekends.

Top Bottom