7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County

tonyt79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Lavon
    You must opt in to receive messages. This was also the 6th such test. The link is to FEMA website.

You have to opt into that but my phone will go off every hour all night for an amber/silver alert 5 hours away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    According to the gov, FEMA will test its emergency alerts system today around 2:20 eastern time. They have said it will go out to phones and TV's and since I don't trust anything the government says or does, I'm going to shut off my modem and take the battery out of my phone from 2 until 3 ET. Paranoid? No, experienced. They have said you may have to reboot your devices to make them work again.

I took a nap.

I had the computer turned off and unplugged and the boob tube and radio were turned off.

We do not own a cellular telephone.

Did they automatically call landline home telephones even if you never signed UP for any alerts like some elderly and younger people have already done? I did not have any message on my old fashion answering machine.

I have ZERO features on my landline - home telephone too. (I had them briefly in the past a few times. Back east and out here.) My telephone RINGERS are almost always turned OFF too. My answering machine and telephones show that I have a message even if the ringers are turned off. Plus I can set my answering machine to beep if I choose to do this.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    According to the gov, FEMA will test its emergency alerts system today around 2:20 eastern time. They have said it will go out to phones and TV's and since I don't trust anything the government says or does, I'm going to shut off my modem and take the battery out of my phone from 2 until 3 ET. Paranoid? No, experienced. They have said you may have to reboot your devices to make them work again.

I did read about the latest FEMA test warnings in the news before it happened but as I said, I took a nap.

I normally turn OFF and unplug my computer if I am not using it.

Sometimes, I listen to something right before I take a nap and it continues to play while I sleep too.

Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    We have OTA-Over the Air aka free boob tube reception here on purpose.

Our LOCAL stations mentioned ahead of time that there was going to be a special test too.

Most of the boob tube 'shows' are garbage whether you get it for FREE or pay for it too. They do not call it 'programming' for no reason!

Propaganda and social engineering. I see it more and more even on some old classic shows that turned into some SJW and WOKE culture in their script writing.

I never signed up for any alerts.

With that said, I did RECEIVE 2 or 3 alerts about some missing person, elderly people not a young person, coming through on my landline - home telephone.

I wonder why I received those calls being that I never signed up for jack squat and maybe the county/city LE people thought that all landlines should receive alerts - BOLO for those elderly people. Beats me!

Other people called into radio/tv stations and questioned WHY they received alerts on their landline telephones (A few of us are still out there! LOL) and ON their cellular telephones too. That was on the local radio/tv news for several days and on the online LOCAL websites for news too.

I keep an eye on some very specific things and I have my telephone ringers turned ON during the night due to our horrific fires out here - just in case. During the day, both of us are usually awake to catch or read the INCIWEB reports for old, current and new spreading wildfires, forest fires and arson fires too.

Cate

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom