• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    We called over a week ago and said we didn't want them that this election is too important to take the chance that it won't be counted. He said the best way to vote in person is to take the ballot to the polling place during early voting, and turn in the ballot and vote regular.

Driving around Galveston today I only saw Biden yard signs on the roads from Broadway to the beach. Biden must have just been given a lot of yard signs because they are beginning to pop up all over. This I find worrisome, plus I see on Facebook a person running for Congress in SA who is losing badly and his democrap opponent is getting a ton of money from outside sources. I feel this is happening all over the country, I am beginning to wonder if this election is going to be much closer than expected.

The expectation is that Trump will crush Biden in the debate I expect him too, but I remember the last debate between Reagan and Mondale when after losing the other debate and people thought he was to old he came out with the remark about his age that I thought insured his win for the second term. If Biden is able to come across half way intelligent it could help him with the democraps.
    I am hoping the above is me just worrying too damn much and watching to much politics on the tube.
    DK Firearms

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Hmmm...pretty certain you still have to specifically request an absentee ballot be mailed to you. Your county may be violating elections laws he sending unsolicited ballots.

I’ll bet your county used COVID emergency declaration as their legal justification for violating the law.

Lots of lawsuits around this in TX this year.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    There's an option allowed in requesting voter ballots, that you can tell your county to send a voter ballot for each and every election held throughout the year. That's probably what he did.

That way, they send you voter ballots throughout the calendar year and you don't have to discreetly request one for each election that's held. This applies to disabled and over age 65 voters. I think that particular request may have to be renewed every year (...but I'm not sure about that).

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Are these absentee ballots you are talking about?

Probably just "mail-in" ballots which are allowed for disabled and over age 65 voters. Actual "absentee ballots" have to be sent {mail addressed} to a receiving location outside the county. Just outside the voter's registered county; not even outside the state or country. Plus absentee ballots have a little different time deadlines than 'mail-in' ballots.

If you're requesting an actual "absentee ballot", you also have to attest to the fact that you'll be outside the county on Election Day. (Of course, this doesn't apply if you qualify for an over age 65 or disabled voter "mail-in" ballot).

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I'm over 65 and what I get in the mail is a request for a ballot. Requires filling out voter ID information and to be returned after which a ballot would be mailed. But neither me nor my 93 yo mother have received unsolicited ballots - so far.

ETA: This is in Harris county.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Just take it to the polls and watch t hff em run it thru the machine. You wont have to wait in line for that IIRC.

Unless you get a lil Hitler precinct worker of phuktard observer.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I'm over 65 and what I get in the mail is a request for a ballot.
    Yeah, it's a two step process (some folks refer to it as the Texas Two Step - after the dance). The "request for a ballot" is the first step; this can be the 'form' the county office puts out OR, by law, it can be just a written letter (as long as it contains all the same information the "form" asks for).

And there's a time deadline to turn in the "request for ballot". Which is obviously a different deadline than mailing in the actual ballot. And then those deadlines vary if your absentee location is outside the country.

One way to get around having to do the separate "request for ballot" step for each election, is to check that box to be sent the mail-in ballots for the whole calendar year (as previously discussed). Again, good only for the disability and over age 65 voters. Not applicable for the absentee voters.

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Our last local election I got a "Request for ballot". I still do the "in person" thing. Hard for'em to eradicate my vote that way.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I'm over age 65 too; but as long as I'm able, I'll vote "in person". And as long as they continue to do 'early voting' to help manage the wait times, I see no reason to not go early and vote in person.

If I can stand in line for eight hours at the frickin' DPS to renew my driver's license, I can go vote early!

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    You can also request a ballot if you are sick or disabled. The document has a box for that and privacy laws prevent them from requesting an explanation of your sickness or disability. Just like when someone doesn't wear a mask due to medical reasons.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I am 72 and last year I did request to get my ballots by mail. I thought it would be easier because I can't stand or walk any distance and when I used my mobility scooter that let me go to the head of the line and I hated to cut ahead of people. This year I don't know if it would be safe to fill out the ballot and mail it back because all the mail in controversy, and I definitely want my vote to count for the Republicans this year.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I am 72 and last year I did request to get my ballots by mail. I thought it would be easier because I can't stand or walk any distance and when I used my mobility scooter that let me go to the head of the line and I hated to cut ahead of people. This year I don't know if it would be safe to fill out the ballot and mail it back because all the mail in controversy, and I definitely want my vote to count for the Republicans this year.
    Rules/laws are enacted to help the disabled. They're in place for a reason and "most" sane citizens have no problem with them. I certainly don't at any time but especially if you're voting and doubly especially if you're voting Trump!!!

Top Bottom