Todays the day!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by boycan, Mar 19, 2009.

1. boycan

boycan Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    OK here goes with the recent cigarette tax increase I have decided to quit smoking and give my Taxes to the Gun industry! :banger: SO every week I can go without smoking I am going to put the money I would have spent on that carton in my gun safe and buy a new gun or more ammo! :banger: Mind you I have never had much success at this and I am a 43 yr old man who has smoked heavy most of my life but I never really had a hobby to keep me going so hopefully soon I can start building my arsonal of weapons and who knows maybe even afford to shoot them too! :lolz:
    So wish me luck and screw the government taxes, Smith & Wesson can have my share for a little while now! :devil:

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'll give you a very crude tool in your fight. Give each and every cigarette a man's name just before you light it and insert it.

EDIT: Good Luck!!!

3. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Good luck boycan! Its tough but can be done. Toothpicks and hard candy can be a huge help. If you can make the first couple of days it gets much easier. Whatever you do, don't buy a pack and "see" how it is. This has been the reason I failed everytime. It's an all or nothing commitment. You will notice within the first couple of weeks that you physically feel better, but you won't notice any drastic physical improvements (or so I've been told) until somewhere in the one year smoke free timeframe. Again, good luck. I anticipate being in your shoes (again) this weekend when my last ones run out. I have told myself I won't buy anymore and am hoping to actually stick with it this time.

4. boycan

boycan Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Right now I am eating sunflower seeds like a rabid chipmunk! ;-)

5. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    YOU CAN DO THIS !!!
    I have no will power at all. Yet I quit. I know you can do this.

6. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Uh oh.....a nicotine - withdrawing gun owner :eek:

:rofl:

Good luck! :banger:

7. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Good luck. Hope everything works out for you.

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
  9. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I quit chewing tobacco last November. I still chew sunflower seeds like a fiend, but have yet to relapse on the juice. So instead of mouth and throat cancer, I will have high bloodpressure and a heart attack from the sodium. All well at least the wife isn't b**ching

10. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Brings back a funny memory.

Driving up 59, my grandfather rolled down the window and spit some liquidized Red Man out the window. What he didn't realize was, my uncle, riding in the backseat, had rolled down his window. :eek: