• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Didnt think about the Jolly Ranchers. I love those things. By the way, how much are you spending daily on seeds and candy?HAHA

Sunflower seeds are cheap and they have all kinds of flavors now! Nacho cheese, BBQ, Dill pickle (my favorite), Ranch, Hot and more. I buy a 5 oz bag for 1.99 and it lasts a few days. The jolly ranchers I bought a HUGE bag at Walmart for say 3 bucks they will last at least a month. And the nicotine gum 29 bucks at Wally world for 170 pieces. 170/30 = 5.6 pieces a day (cheaper than cigs) OK so maybe I won't be saving as much as I thought but all this IS temporary I HOPE!
    Military Camp

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Good Luck and I hope for the best. Like I said I will start hiding sharp objects and blunt instruments shortly. The new cigs. FSC, taste like rabbit pellets and are a pain in the @#$ to keep lit.

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    8:00 am this morning was five days and I am doing it! The little lady is still gettin along with me too! $6 Bucks a day for 5 days and I have enough for a box of ammo (If there were any) won't be long I will be shoppin for my next gun!

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    How are the seeds holding out? Are you up to a pack a day on those?HAHA. I have been eating those since I was a youngster and It takes awhile to master the art. You get good enough to dove hunt with a cheek full. Congrats , keep going

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Update: 16 days and still smoke free! 16 days X $6.00 per pack = at least $96 bucks in my gun safe!

Nice work! And definitely better than a layaway plan.

What are you eyeballing to use the money for again? Particular gun? Ammo?

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I am probably going to get a Glock 30 but am also considering either a Kimber pro carry II or the new S&W sub-compact Pro series. So probably the Glock first because it is cheaper and will give me something to take my CHL class faster then maybe one or both of the others as I can. ;-)

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Congrats, today is officially day one for me (again).

Congrats to you too! Eat LOTS of sunflower seeds and if it gets real tough go to wally world and get some generic nicotine gum! I was almost two packs a day and I still have some of the gum but no ciggs yet! OH and try to change your daily routines as much as possible. I was surprised the little things I did at a certain time day in day out that required at least one cig such as breaks at work. I now take my breaks indoors :patriot:

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I know of what you speak. I quit for about ten days less than a month and a half ago and found the hardest part was the times I'd get out of the office for a smoke. So I'd just go to the break area and chew a piece of gum and twirl my pen. It seemed to work. My downfall was buying a pack to try them out again and see if I needed them.
    Then after I decided I didn't, it eventually came down to me saying "well, I'd better smoke the rest, I'd hate to waste that money" and we were back up to a pack a day in no time. Oh well, the gov't motivated me this time, maybe that will be the difference.

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Oh well, the gov't motivated me this time, maybe that will be the difference.

That is my motivation as well, I decided why the hell am I giving the government 5 or 6 bucks a day or sometimes more when I could put that money in my gun safe? Wouldn't it be funny if most if not all the smokers could quit and them SOB's in Washington would have to figure out someone else to pee on! :patriot:

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Hey I've been worried, you two still doing OK? You're over the worst trust me, I quit about a year ago .
    O BTW I still dip snuff two! Thats how I quit but now I can't seem to quit snuff.:banghead:

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hey I've been worried, you two still doing OK? You're over the worst trust me, I quit about a year ago .
    O BTW I still dip snuff two! Thats how I quit but now I can't seem to quit snuff.:banghead:

I quit smoking by starting to dip a few years ago as well. I was finally able to quit dipping in November cold turkey. Sunflower seeds are my new addiction.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Doin real good, this Thursday should be five weeks and not one cig. Still doin nico gum and sunflower seeds though. Thanks for all the encouragement!

Good stuff - keep up it my friend

Drink plenty of water and get a good sweat/work/workout and you can get rid of that sodium. I'm an oddball and my body can tolerate high sodium intake and maintains a below average blood pressure. My metabolism is as high as a chipmunk

If you're curious, 2000mg per day is the RDA limit. If you're below that, you're good

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    boycan,
    keep up the good work, you can do it!!
    i quit smoking around Feb 2009
    i've gained over 15 pounds...
    you should begin to see the money you are saving from not smoking

Top Bottom