• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    OK here goes with the recent cigarette tax increase I have decided to quit smoking and give my Taxes to the Gun industry! SO every week I can go without smoking I am going to put the money I would have spent on that carton in my gun safe and buy a new gun or more ammo! Mind you I have never had much success at this and I am a 43 yr old man who has smoked heavy most of my life but I never really had a hobby to keep me going so hopefully soon I can start building my arsonal of weapons and who knows maybe even afford to shoot them too!
    So wish me luck and screw the government taxes, Smith & Wesson can have my share for a little while now!
    Hurley's Gold

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'll give you a very crude tool in your fight. Give each and every cigarette a man's name just before you light it and insert it.

EDIT: Good Luck!!!

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Good luck boycan! Its tough but can be done. Toothpicks and hard candy can be a huge help. If you can make the first couple of days it gets much easier. Whatever you do, don't buy a pack and "see" how it is. This has been the reason I failed everytime. It's an all or nothing commitment. You will notice within the first couple of weeks that you physically feel better, but you won't notice any drastic physical improvements (or so I've been told) until somewhere in the one year smoke free timeframe. Again, good luck. I anticipate being in your shoes (again) this weekend when my last ones run out. I have told myself I won't buy anymore and am hoping to actually stick with it this time.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    YOU CAN DO THIS !!!
    I have no will power at all. Yet I quit. I know you can do this.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Right now I am eating sunflower seeds like a rabid chipmunk! ;-)

I quit chewing tobacco last November. I still chew sunflower seeds like a fiend, but have yet to relapse on the juice. So instead of mouth and throat cancer, I will have high bloodpressure and a heart attack from the sodium. All well at least the wife isn't b**ching

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    Its hard but you can do it.I was a heavy smoker(3 pks a day for over 35 years)but you really have to want to.I'm keeping the toothpick companies in business,now they are a habit just like the smokes were.Just stick with it and don't give up,it will get easier.Good luck.sj

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Brings back a funny memory.

Driving up 59, my grandfather rolled down the window and spit some liquidized Red Man out the window. What he didn't realize was, my uncle, riding in the backseat, had rolled down his window. :eek:

So you ended up picking themself up off the ground? Your Grandpa, or Uncle for trying to step up to your Grandpa.

That is a plus, the wife hated the half bottles of nastyness laying around.

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Well guys guess I got one day behind me and I guess about 6 bucks for S&W ;-), my mouth is a little sore from sunflower seeds and gum but I will get used to them! Everyone keep them fingers crossed for me!

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Tooth picks and lots of gum when I quit back in 1984 and it was cold turkey because they didnt have all the stop smoking aids they have now.
    Two weeks after I quit after lunch I bumed one from a frend and choked
    up so bad ,right then and there I new I didn't need them anymore.
    Best of luck to you and keep thinking I will make it.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Great decision, best of luck. Even those that don't quit pretty much recognize that smoking is not doing anything good fo their health.

Enjoy all that new pocket money!

Jeff B.

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Well I am doin pretty good, I feel somewhat like I am cheating because of the nicotine gum I bought but I haven't smoked a cig. and only a few peices of the gum chewed so far. I am trying to stay with the sunflower seeds mostly.
    Also decided I was goin to take off work early today and go to the gun range and window shop for what I am going to spend my cig. money on to give me incentive to keep putting what I would have spent on cigs. into my gun safe.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I tried to quit about 10 yrs ago and was doing very good, I happened to be in job that was very stressful at the time. The lady that was in charge of human resources called me into her office and asked me if I would have a smoke with her. She said that it might take a couple of weeks for her to process all the paper work involved with the complaints and my response was, that I had not killed anyone yet. She responded that there is always tomorrow. April 1st is my target date and I am already stocking up on sunflower seeds. I am already reading up on yoga and some of that other Happy Horse Hockey that is supposed to relieve stress. I will start hiding sharp objects and blunt instruments as of March 30. As a side noteI chewed my nails since I was a kid and stopped a few years ago so I cant do that as a substitue. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I tried to quit about 10 yrs ago and was doing very good, I happened to be in job that was very stressful at the time. The lady that was in charge of human resources called me into her office and asked me if I would have a smoke with her. She said that it might take a couple of weeks for her to process all the paper work involved with the complaints and my response was, that I had not killed anyone yet. She responded that there is always tomorrow. April 1st is my target date and I am already stocking up on sunflower seeds. I am already reading up on yoga and some of that other Happy Horse Hockey that is supposed to relieve stress. I will start hiding sharp objects and blunt instruments as of March 30. As a side noteI chewed my nails since I was a kid and stopped a few years ago so I cant do that as a substitue. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well like I said I feel like I'm cheating using the nicotine gum but whatever it takes right. I have not had hard cravings like I expected, it just seems to be times when I can't seem to stop thinking about them so I chew a piece of gum. The majority of the day sunflower seeds and Jolly Ranchers are doing the trick. I just keep putting my cig money in my safe with my S&W and thinking about what I am going to do with it. 4 days and $24 bucks sitting in there I may get a new gun at least every year now!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom