• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    I have some land and a cabin out north east of CS (near Centerville). Bought it last fall, and first trip saw scorpions all in cabin along with multitude of spiders as it had sat empty for over a year. Sprayed with CY-Kick I got off Amazon, as folks in AZ said was what they used against scorpions. I sprayed last fall twice, and just last weekend saw two......I had not sprayed this year at all. Needless to say I sprayed the cabin and outside again as I left. This stuff works really well.
    I agree with you, spiders in general are the spawn of Satan. Scorpions I cannot abide, they must be gotten rid of.
    Texas SOT

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    . Not a pleasant way to wake up from a sound sleep.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

As a teen I would lay my clothes out each night so I could stay in bed till the last possible moment. My tight bell bottom jeans often held a surprise for me. A scorpion in my jeans, just at the knee where they got tight. I hate those things.

Seem to be really bad in the hill country.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    562C55A7-C77E-410D-BA60-66AC729C9ED1.jpeg
    Plus the two the wife killed and the other we found and put in a jar with some crazy beetle. All outside.

Attachments

• 562C55A7-C77E-410D-BA60-66AC729C9ED1.jpeg
      562C55A7-C77E-410D-BA60-66AC729C9ED1.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 600

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Use to catch those bark scorpions as a kid and keep them to fight other scary bugs like tarantulas and those red headed centipedes. Been stung multiple times by them. Suckers hurt when they get you.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Had the light tan colored ones when I lived in Trophy Club. They blended perfectly with the carpet. Hate those things but haven't seen any since we moved out here.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Quote didn't work.

I'm ok with them being endangered. Those little bastards hurt. Not a pleasant way to wake up from a sound sleep.

Had one zap me in my sleep. Little fucker got dropped on the electric bug zapper racquet got zapped back.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Every four months I spray the interior of the house with 'Temprid sc wait a week and spray the exterior with Bifen it.

No license needed to buy it and it works, plus no odor.

How do I know about using these 2?

My pest control guy tuned me in.

Why would he do that?

I always tipped him for his efforts with a crisp $10.00 bill and never mentioned it to his employer.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Stupid questions - how nasty are their stings, and how prevalent are these damn things?

My son is a burgeoning entomologist, he's studied bugs all year in school as his choice in free learning and he is obsessed with scorpions. He can identify different breeds, and he's excited as all git about actually moving down to a place where we may encounter them. He used to play with garter snakes all the time as a toddler much to the distress and dismay of his mom and grandmothers. I broke him of that habit, as I eventually wanted to take him to the wilder parts of our current home state where rattlers are not uncommon as he got older. Now with us moving down to Texas in a couple months, we're looking at gators, scorpions, and four varieties of venomous snakes snakes on top of all of God's other impractical jokes on humanity...

We haven't settled on a property yet, but I'm leaning toward a bit more rural, with a chunk of land if we can find the right piece, but we may yet wind up in town in a nice neighborhood. How often do these damned things make their way indoors? They crawl in at the thresholds or thru the jambs, or up thru the siding? I'm already planning on some landscaping around the place to deter critters as my mother in law is deathly afraid of snakes, and my wife is not the biggest fan either. Looks like I'll be doing regular bug spraying in addition to the landscaping.

Texas needs to adopt the nickname of "The American Outback" :laughing: not quite everything wants to kill you, but a lot of stuff does.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Depends.
    Pretty much like a red hot needle. And can have a burning sensation for several hours.
    Can be worse if you are allergic.
    They get in all kinds of ways.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Stupid questions - how nasty are their stings, and how prevalent are these damn things?

My son is a burgeoning entomologist, he's studied bugs all year in school as his choice in free learning and he is obsessed with scorpions. He can identify different breeds, and he's excited as all git about actually moving down to a place where we may encounter them. He used to play with garter snakes all the time as a toddler much to the distress and dismay of his mom and grandmothers. I broke him of that habit, as I eventually wanted to take him to the wilder parts of our current home state where rattlers are not uncommon as he got older. Now with us moving down to Texas in a couple months, we're looking at gators, scorpions, and four varieties of venomous snakes snakes on top of all of God's other impractical jokes on humanity...

We haven't settled on a property yet, but I'm leaning toward a bit more rural, with a chunk of land if we can find the right piece, but we may yet wind up in town in a nice neighborhood. How often do these damned things make their way indoors? They crawl in at the thresholds or thru the jambs, or up thru the siding? I'm already planning on some landscaping around the place to deter critters as my mother in law is deathly afraid of snakes, and my wife is not the biggest fan either. Looks like I'll be doing regular bug spraying in addition to the landscaping.

Texas needs to adopt the nickname of "The American Outback" :laughing: not quite everything wants to kill you, but a lot of stuff does.

You may want to rethink moving down here to Texas. These scorpions are really bad. They have been known to kill people who have moved here from northern states. It seems as if we Texans, through the years, have built up an immunity to their venom. Their sting is still very painful to us but it is rarely fatal like it sometimes is to yankees.

And then you have the venomous snakes and the alligators and my ex-wife. Any one of those 3 can kill you before you can say 'don't you do it'.

And we have some brutally hot summers here.

You and your family might be better off in Iowa, Illinois, Michigan or some other northern state.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    You may want to rethink moving down here to Texas. These scorpions are really bad. They have been known to kill people who have moved here from northern states. It seems as if we Texans, through the years, have built up an immunity to their venom. Their sting is still very painful to us but it is rarely fatal like it sometimes is to yankees.

And then you have the venomous snakes and the alligators and my ex-wife. Any one of those 3 can kill you before you can say 'don't you do it'.

And we have some brutally hot summers here.

You and your family might be better off in Iowa, Illinois, Michigan or some other northern state.

:laughing::laughing:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Don't let him scare you too much. As long as you drink Shiner or Lone Star beer, (a lot of it!) scorpion stings are not worse that mosquito bites.

I'm screwed then, since the only beer I drink is root beer!

GVJ0AD8.jpg

Maybe the scorpions will eat the tree roaches, and the copper heads can eat the scorpions, and the alligators can eat the copper heads, and I can learn to tan hide and appreciate alligator meat, and have a cool set of boots, belt, and hat band.

Attachments

• GVJ0AD8.jpg
      GVJ0AD8.jpg
      32.6 KB · Views: 576
    Top Bottom