Tonight is the night for the hog hunt...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Hopefully Sunday evening I'll be posting pictures of the hog hunt. There's 3 to 4 spots that been baited for weeks now with true signs of piggies enjoying the free meal. My goal is to get 4 hogs with my new LR-308. Was informed that the property manager killed a massive 400+ pounder two days ago...

Wish me luck...
    Guns International

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    O, and make sure its dead before you get too close. It can be kinda scary when you think they are just doing the death rattle and they get up and chase you.

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    brucelliosis

Be sure and wear some type of latex gloves to clean these rascals. blood born disease is something you do not want and the gloves are cheap and plentiful at all drug stores.jmho

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Thanks everyone...
    Well, I didn't get a 400 pounder nor did I hit my goal of 4 hogs. But I did manage to kill 2 boars (left and right in the picture). Apporx. 200 lbs each, didn't have a scale to weigh them; but the property manager felt confident that they were at least 200 lbs each. He shot the one in the middle, making it his 91st hog kill for the year. He's working on a non-profit program where he'll process the meat himself and donate it through his church. So far, he estimated about 15k pounds of meat that has donated to the needy.

Here's a pic:
    hogs2.jpg

Sniper John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    North Texas
    Your not too exaggerated. We are at an estimated 2 million in Texas and that is climbing. We need to kill as many as we can, but I am not sure we can ever get ahead of the population increase.

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Oh yeah, these suckers reproduce faster than we can eat them.

After this last weekend, I saw the havoc of what a pack of hogs can create just in one night; it's easy to understand why farmers want the beast of burden gone. But on the other hand; Farmer's are afraid to allow just anyone to hunt on their property; fear of the liability and issues the "so called" hunters has created in the past.

The electric companies are having to replace the telephone/power wooden poles, due to hogs rubbing the poles down to nothing. The hogs rub the treated chemicals on their skin, which help keep the bugs off them.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Oh yeah, these suckers reproduce faster than we can eat them.

After this last weekend, I saw the havoc of what a pack of hogs can create just in one night; it's easy to understand why farmers want the beast of burden gone. But on the other hand; Farmer's are afraid to allow just anyone to hunt on their property; fear of the liability and issues the "so called" hunters has created in the past.

The electric companies are having to replace the telephone/power wooden poles, due to hogs rubbing the poles down to nothing. The hogs rub the treated chemicals on their skin, which help keep the bugs off them.

Wow now theres something I did not know. That is pretty smart if you ask me.

Top Bottom