• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    ------------------

Unless things have changed, and if I recall correctly, (IIRC) it takes a while after they actually receive the packet before it changes to "Processing" or some such. Then it sits there for a real long time then finally goes to Approved. Way back when I took mine it was a total of 5 weeks, CHL class to license in hand. Ah, the good ol days

Thanks, navyguy! I have been checking every day to see if the status has changed. I thought I might call on Monday, if the status has not been updated, to see if it did actually get there. Although, maybe I am just being a little too anxious.
    Texas SOT

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Thanks, navyguy! I have been checking every day to see if the status has changed. I thought I might call on Monday, if the status has not been updated, to see if it did actually get there. Although, maybe I am just being a little too anxious.

I would not call since you have a usps receipt that it did arrive. You don't want to piss them off or you might go to the bottom of the pile :mad: I'm trying to remember, it was a while ago, but seems like it was at least 2-3 weeks before the status changes. I think "processing" means it's worked it's way to the top of the pile, and someone is actually looking in the file and checking things.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I would not call since you have a usps receipt that it did arrive. You don't want to piss them off or you might go to the bottom of the pile :mad: I'm trying to remember, it was a while ago, but seems like it was at least 2-3 weeks before the status changes. I think "processing" means it's worked it's way to the top of the pile, and someone is actually looking in the file and checking things.

I was thinking the same thing...that's how the USCG is with mariner licensing. The more I call, the longer it takes. Look on the bright side. Atleast your paperworks in. I can't even get in class because I'm mostly stuck out of state until July...I'll have 2 days at home before then and no time to go...I'm jealous...It'll be next year before I get mine...:(

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    Thanks for the advice, guys! I had a feeling my actions might be a little premature. I'm just really excited!

Look on the bright side Chief. They should be even more caught-up by then, and your application will process faster.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    how long did it take to get to 'processing'? when did the state get your info? I think you were a few weeks ahead of me so I am trying to get a feel for my timing! Thanks

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Well, I spoke to DPS this morning (today is day 91) and they said to call back at the end of the month. :banghead:

They better hurry things up, or I will get Shorts involved!

I wish you would hurry-up and get your plastic since you are 2-3 weeks ahead of me

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I just called and they said my license was issued today!!!!! It should be here in 7-10 days!!!!!

It's almost your turn Max!

Congrats on your CHL!!

I am at day 90 this weekend and have noticed that a lot of folks in 'the Waiting Room' forum that have similar timelines are being told 'out for printing' so I can only hope I'm up soon

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I just called and they said my license was issued today!!!!! It should be here in 7-10 days!!!!!

It's almost your turn Max!

I knew as soon as you got yours I was on deck! status change this morning

chl.gif

Top Bottom