• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    I spent the day taking my CHL class. It was a really good class. I enjoyed it.

I was really impressed with how much I knew. I guess hangin' around y'all has paid off! ;)

Well, I just wanted to let my TGT friends know. I will mail my packet early next week and then the waiting begins. :banghead:
    Target Sports

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Congratulations!

Send the packet signature required so that you know for certain that they received it. Someone told me it might get processed faster if they have to sign for it too.

If your back ground is good and squeaky clean, that will help too.

A neighbor of mine and I took the class together, and I mailed both our packets down at the local post office, but my license came in a lot sooner than his did.

Hope you get your license soon!

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    Thanks!

Congrats. I got mine last week. Sent the packet in Feb of 08 (not a typo).

WOW! February of '08. I've never heard of it taking that long.

Yeah, my background is pretty squeaky, and I've lived in the same county and worked for the same employer for the past five years. Hopefully, that will reduce the DPS footwork involved.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    DO NOT MAIL IT SIGNATURE REQUIRED! Send it regular first class mail, if you send it signature required it might actually get delayed because it gos into a seperate office and might not get processed as fast....

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    DO NOT MAIL IT SIGNATURE REQUIRED! Send it regular first class mail, if you send it signature required it might actually get delayed because it gos into a seperate office and might not get processed as fast....

Thanks, DD. I did not know that. I can just request a tracking number. That should accomplish the same thing. I just want to know it got there.

Grats.

What do you plan on packing?

I have a Glock 19 that I have used for practice and qualification. It is my only handgun right now. I will see how well it carries and go from there.

D, do you carry? If so, what do you carry?

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Just my Love Gun atm. I'm thinking I'll end up carrying a S&W 642. I'm normally in my work clothes, jeans and work boots, and keep my shirt tucked in. My day to day includes loading my truck, squeezing into tight spaces, bending, climbing ladders, etc..

If I wore regular work clothes, I'd carry a 3" Kimber. Those things are sweet.

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    Just my Love Gun atm. I'm thinking I'll end up carrying a S&W 642. I'm normally in my work clothes, jeans and work boots, and keep my shirt tucked in. My day to day includes loading my truck, squeezing into tight spaces, bending, climbing ladders, etc..

Yeah, atm I cannot carry at work. I work at Texas Tech University. Although, if my senator (Robert Duncan) will get off of his duff and let SB 1164 out of committee, I might be able to in the future.

If I wore regular work clothes, I'd carry a 3" Kimber. Those things are sweet.

Yeah, those are pretty sweet!

guardrail

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Richmond, Tx
    i'm still waiting, but a friend of mine that took the class at the same time as me but mailed his paper work off a week after i did , called me last night and asked if i had checked my mail saturday? i said no why, he said that he had received his chl. out of the six of us(three couples) he is the first to get his. hopefully we wont be to far behind

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    Well, I put my packet in the mail today. I had to wait for my instructor to send me my TR-100.

The packet should arrive Monday!!!!!!! I'll let you know when it arrives, because I know y'all are as excited about this as I am! ;)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    No, he wanted to print the information on the forms on his printer. He mailed them out Tuesday; but for some reason, I did not get mine until today.

IMO, thats Bull. You should leave with the form. I hand them out at the end of class and we fill them out as a group. I check them and take by copies.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Well, the USPS delivered it yesterday morning. I looked this morning, but my DPS status still says "packet mailed to applicant."

------------------

Unless things have changed, and if I recall correctly, (IIRC) it takes a while after they actually receive the packet before it changes to "Processing" or some such. Then it sits there for a real long time then finally goes to Approved. Way back when I took mine it was a total of 5 weeks, CHL class to license in hand. Ah, the good ol days

Top Bottom