• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    We took our two oldest boys (7 & 8) to a local outdoor range yesterday to shoot their .22 rifle. We've spent the last couple weeks at home going over safety and mechanical function with them prior to going out, and I have to say they both did very well. Every shot hit the target and and near the end, they both got close to center on their shots. They can't wait to go out again when I get home in a month. We had a blast and got a good laugh watching them run around their grandma's house trying to show everyone their target sheets. I think we've created some future customers for you local shop keepers.
    Target Sports

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I don't have any kids so I run around the house and show everyone my targets to compensate. J/K Always good to hear of Yungan's getting into the fun. Good for you and Good for them. But you have to give them the rifle you dropped on the way to the range when they start to out shoot you.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I don't have any kids so I run around the house and show everyone my targets to compensate. J/K Always good to hear of Yungan's getting into the fun. Good for you and Good for them. But you have to give them the rifle you dropped on the way to the range when they start to out shoot you.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Took my daughter to the lease two weeks ago and had her shoot her first pistol (Rossi model-13). They were only .22 shorts, but we killed a couple of Coke cans.

View attachment 805

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    I took my son(Jacob, 8) up to Cedar Ridge in Bulverde to shoot for the first time just before Christmas using my Ruger .22 Single Six. He did really well with safety comprehension and especially his aim. Grandpa saw his target and asked for our permission to give him an older Winchester Model 190. The weekend after Christmas Granpa and I took him to a range in Marion to let him try it for the first time. His shooting experience to date include: XD45(5 mags), SIG P232(2 mags), Ruger Single Six 22(sixty shots), Winchester Model 190(300 rounds), and an AR15(2 shots). Each and every time maintaining proper weapon safety and control, every round on paper.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I took my son(Jacob, 8) up to Cedar Ridge in Bulverde to shoot for the first time just before Christmas using my Ruger .22 Single Six. He did really well with safety comprehension and especially his aim. Grandpa saw his target and asked for our permission to give him an older Winchester Model 190. The weekend after Christmas Granpa and I took him to a range in Marion to let him try it for the first time. His shooting experience to date include: XD45(5 mags), SIG P232(2 mags), Ruger Single Six 22(sixty shots), Winchester Model 190(300 rounds), and an AR15(2 shots). Each and every time maintaining proper weapon safety and control, every round on paper.
    An 8 year old with an XD 45 huh. That sounds like my shooting trips with my Dad when I was about 8. I was so happy when he finally let me shoot the 357. and then I was pissed he didn't tell me it was gonna kick that damn hard. AAAHHHH the good ole days, when 22's were for after the 357 MAG's

Top Bottom