• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    This is what the Danish Oil looks like on the weathered pine, the grain really stands out.

Danish Oil Top.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    The next project will be a mobile lumber/clamp rack. I need a place to store materials and tools. I will be doing some LED lighting strips and commercial style power strips, I have found some with 14 or 16 outlets, I can center one on each benchtop and have more than enough space to plug in tools not in use concurrently, but ready to go.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    This is what the Danish Oil looks like on the weathered pine, the grain really stands out.

View attachment 297401
    I made a shoe shelf unit out of left over wood from when I extended my deck. Although I wasn't sure how good it would look, after some sanding and using some walnut wood stain I impressed myself on how good it looked.

I really like the look of what you got there!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have been watching several YT videos or people making stands, or tables for their portable bandsaws.

Some of them are set up so the tool can be easily removed and used as portable bandsaw, while being also able to use it like a stationary piece of power tool.

My idea is to make an insert into my new garage work table, using one if the Bauer portable bandsaws from Harbor Freight. Being able to place the bandsaw into the top of the table, but also able to remove the saw, and place a removable table-top insert into the table when not in use.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gee, I grew-up on brace & bit, push-drill, mitre box, coping saws, wood rasps, chisels, planes, jig saws, etc. It all worked very well w/o electricity. the only electric tools we had were two drills and a small drill press. Since this is the "Prepper" section,wouldn't muscle-power tools be appropriate?

leVieux

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The next project will be a mobile lumber/clamp rack. I need a place to store materials and tools. I will be doing some LED lighting strips and commercial style power strips, I have found some with 14 or 16 outlets, I can center one on each benchtop and have more than enough space to plug in tools not in use concurrently, but ready to go.
    When I built my new work table, I put three outlet boxes on a stand in the middle of the table. four outlets for the power tools, the belt grinder, drill press, bench grinder and the work light, leaving me with two extra outlets on the stand for any extra needs for plugging in power tools. So far it's working pretty handy.

This weekend I'll be moving and converting the 4' overhead light to LED and moving it so it puts out more light and is more centered over my power tools on the work table.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Gee, I grew-up on brace & bit, push-drill, mitre box, coping saws, wood rasps, chisels, planes, jig saws, etc. It all worked very well w/o electricity. the only electric tools we had were two drills and a small drill press. Since this is the "Prepper" section,wouldn't muscle-power tools be appropriate?

leVieux

I have 3 braces, a couple of planes, coping saw, assorted hand saws, 2 miter boxes, rasps, files and other muscle powered tools.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    My current project in mid-build. A mobile table saw outfeed, miter saw, router and assembly table.

Bench 1.jpg
    Bench 2.jpg

Bench 4.jpg
    Bench 4.jpg

It is built with locking caster's (had to buy these) and so far all from upcycled materials. My supply of materials is exhausted now and I will probably need to buy some plywood. Over the 8' length and 49" width, I am 1/8" out of square. The top is a piece of 3/4" particle board I had from making some cheap shelves years ago, the top is roughly 69" X49". I have fit my old Vermont American router table top flush to the surface and constructed a recess for the miter saw. The slab beneath the finish nail gun will fit in and flush cover the recess if I need more assembly area. I need to install the bottom, shelves and cut some material to fit between the "stringers" below the top. I set 3"x 1 1/2" boards on edge so I could fit "working" storage space beneath the top. If you look at photo 1, below the T-square, you can see where my 4' level is peeking out, to get an idea of what I have planned. I think as a place to set a hammer, tape measure. speed square or any other small tools while working out of the way will be ideal, this will be on both sides of the table.

I have begun to replace the old fluorescent light fixtures with LED's, the ones in the background at the windows will be replaced soon.

I have much to do to complete the entire renovation of my hobby area, one bench, and wall cabinets will be removed since I am working on the "mobile" unit, on that wall will be suspended shelving, and I am thinking about a French cleat system to hang tools on. I have not decided yet.

Attachments

• Bench 3.jpg
      Bench 3.jpg
      78.9 KB · Views: 76

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Some of the best years of my life was teaching "shop", etc. in the public schools. Lots of good equipment, lots of great students who really wanted to learn, and I was paid to do it!
    Shop was one of the most useful classes in high school. I still have some of the items I made in wood and metalwork classes.

Top Bottom