• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I also love the Eagles. Alot of good stuff from them. Also don't mind listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival, Skynard, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, and a slew of other talented groups.

My mother hates Jim Morrison, but I like the Doors. I have an equal disdain for Fleetwood Mac (commence the vomitting) and Stevie Nix's schrill voice, but she seems to like them.

Both of my parents had a heavy influence on what I consider good. Most of the crap in the 90s and 00s is recycled horse feces compared to alot of what was put out earlier.

^
    Wow, what he said...like he read my mind....

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Best is in the ear of the listener; but, I think the Beatles and the Eagles for impact on the music world. Hard to argue with a lot of the others listed in this thread though. Being a child of the '60's Pink Floyd and Zepplin are right up there at the top.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    OK time for me to stir the pot.
    All the music and artist named so far derived there style of music from two sources, Blues and Folk music, Blues being the primary.
    All the reading and studying in the world of Rock n Roll leads you back to these two forms of music.
    Jazz was based off the Big Band sound and in its own right is Rock n Rolled Big Band music.
    By the 90's we had made full circle and now we are a point where only the truly talented stand out as the rest is a remix of something or someone else.
    What I find ever more interesting is that today's kids are still listening to a lot of what we grew up on. (That's us old fogies) The bands listed here are the backbone of Rock n Roll. I include MoTown funk in with RnR as it also help define the music of the 60's and 70's.
    The blues is TRUE AMERICAN music. So we can lay claim as Americans to a good portion of the musical form known as Rock n Roll!
    Now for a real pisser to some folks - LOL!!!
    For all you skin heads and pedjidice folks that love Rock n Roll - Blues is derived from the spiritual and folk music of American slaves. In the late 40's blacks were adding a real "Humping - Thumping" back beat to their music.
    Chuck Berry the un-crowned King of Rock n Roll, Little Richard and others were grooving long before the pretty white boy from Tennessee (Elvis) ever came on the seen.
    Whites were crossing the tracks to see these great black bands laying down that awesome beat.
    So at the end of the day we owe our thanks to the American slave for the music we all love called Rock n Roll!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    wow so your saying without slavery in the US, we wouldnt have rock-n-roll?

well i guess everythign deos have a good side.
    now if i could only figure otht eh good side of the current whitehouse administration.

good to see all you guys have good taste in music though! (although seether is kinda iffy for me and i have always loved fleetwood mac ;)
    im kinda wondering where dio was in all these posts though... LoL

Acetone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    well i guess everythign deos have a good side.
    now if i could only figure otht eh good side of the current whitehouse administration.

The good thing about this current administation is that their views are so far left that people are realizing that this was not change that they wanted and will hopefully vote for conservatives during the next election.

As for bands, it depends what kind of mood I am in. Definately, Lynyrd Skynyrd.

JohnnyReb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    Metallica and AC/DC! What's awesome about that is I saw Metallica at the end of September in the American Airlines Center, and I'm about to head out for the same place to see AC/DC tonight!

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Lawrence Welk
    Tommy Dorsey

Ha Ha just kidding, although I do like a little Dorsey now and again.

I like
    Rolling Stones
    Eagles

Ringers:
    Delbert McClinton, Doors, Mighty Mo Rogers

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Rock may have had it's roots in blues, but as a rule I hate the blues. The bluesy tunes band like Led Zeppelin played were the only ones I didn't like by the band. Example: I Can't Quit You Babe. Boo. Don't get me wrong, they were an awesome band...I just didn't like that blues material.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Zz top

I almost forgot about that little old band from Texas...ZZ-TOP . But I'm talking about the early years. Those were the days when you had a beer in one hand and the volume turned up with the other...LOL. That was a good combination of rock and blues.

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    NWA & too short.

no really, poison and white lion. ha ha kidding again.

ac/dc & metallica are good mix. there are too many really to mention. if you go by record sales, i think elvis, beatles, mj, abba and queen are top 5, ac/dc in 6th.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The Eagles and Blue Edmondson also have to throw in some Cross Canadian Ragweed.

I recently discovered CCR because I "seeded" my "station" at pandora.com with Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers and with the Refreshments. Very similar music, though I prefer Clyne's Southwest flavor.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom