• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob Loblaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    Led Zeppelin, only the blues b sides. Stairway to heaven does nothing for me. Rolling stones, again, their blues stuff like beggar's banquet.
    Military Camp

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I recently discovered CCR because I "seeded" my "station" at pandora.com with Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers and with the Refreshments. Very similar music, though I prefer Clyne's Southwest flavor.

Being from north Texas I had the pleasure of seeing them before they got bigger, pretty fun bunch of guys to knock a few back with.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Being from north Texas I had the pleasure of seeing them before they got bigger, pretty fun bunch of guys to knock a few back with.

Which band, the Refreshments? Clyne is back to that style. There couldn't have been more than a hundred fifty people at the concert I saw them at a couple of weeks ago. The venue couldn't hold many more than what was in there.

It was great: people would shout the name of a song and they'd play it. Everybody knew the words and sang along and for a couple of hours, everybody was buddies.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Which band, the Refreshments? Clyne is back to that style. There couldn't have been more than a hundred fifty people at the concert I saw them at a couple of weeks ago. The venue couldn't hold many more than what was in there.

It was great: people would shout the name of a song and they'd play it. Everybody knew the words and sang along and for a couple of hours, everybody was buddies.

No CCR when I first saw them there couldn't have been more than 40 in the bar it was a blast. Lately the've only been playing in big shows.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Rock may have had it's roots in blues, but as a rule I hate the blues. The bluesy tunes band like Led Zeppelin played were the only ones I didn't like by the band. Example: I Can't Quit You Babe. Boo. Don't get me wrong, they were an awesome band...I just didn't like that blues material.

That's funny because 99% of rock guitar is blues cords only speed-ed up and played through an "effects" pedal. So TD you like the blues but just don't like the slow bluesy songs.

We play a couple of songs that are the exact same songs but one is played through one set of "effects" pedals and the other tune is played through another set of "effect" pedals. Same song but sounds completely different.

We don't even change the "time" signature only the "effects" pedal the guitar is played through.
    One sounds very bluesy and the other has a Robin Trower sound.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    That's funny because 99% of rock guitar is blues cords only speed-ed up and played through an "effects" pedal. So TD you like the blues but just don't like the slow bluesy songs.

I can agree with that. When most anything is played slowed...IMO...it loses it's melodic quality, and a melody is what I'm after overall. That's why I hate rap and hip hop, no melody.

Traildust I have a couple of old cassettes that I dont have the covers for
    and I have a double cassette set of the best of Marshal Tucker.

Thanks, man. I was just wondering because I have three of their albums on CD and was wondering what might be some others to get.

Top Bottom