• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    I have seen a couple of episodes of Top Gear on BBCA (British Broadcasting Company of America) and thought I'd pass this along. It's a weird show because the Brits have a weird sense of humor.

They have three guys that review cars and do some competitions. Lots of the review stuff is crap so record it so you can fast forward through it. The competitions, now – in one, they took three 18-wheelers and “customized” them. One looked like a Mad Max thing, another was what they described as “gay Indian”. They took these on a road course with hills and none of them had any more than basic instruction on how to drive them. In the trailers, they put something that would give trouble. One had a huge wedding cake, one had a car – in neutral and not tried down, and the third had hay in the front of the trailer and a running electric heater in the back. You can imagine how badly that turned out.

They weren't even wearing seat belts, and one of them fell out of the driver's seat while going around a corner. He later complained that “the gearstick went up my arse”. Then they ran the trucks through a house, a brick wall, and a wall of bottles of water.

The latest episode, one drove a couple of cars through a village while Brit soldiers shot their version of MILES at him.

Anyway, it has some amusing moments if you get that channel.
    Capitol Armory ad

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I love that show... They bill themselves as sort of a review show, but they are really more of an automotive entertainment show. Some of their specials are truly epic. I think my favorite is when they drove to the north pole. Once they drove out into international water, they broke out the booze. One of them said something like, "Before someone complains about me drink driving, I'm not... I'm drinking and sailing!" Yeah, sometimes Clarkson can be a bit harsh, but I don't think he's "bashing" America... more like friendly ribbing and trash talking. You should watch the special where they came to the US. They obviously have some respect for America. Though maybe not much... They are snobby British pricks after all

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    One of the best guy shows ever.

I I did a show on Guns, It would be in this format!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    One of the best guy shows ever.

I I did a show on Guns, It would be in this format!

That is an excellent idea, but I doubt we'll ever see it.

But I love Top Gear as well, they've done some interesting segments and you just gotta understand British humor (I lived there for a while and have a lot of Brit buds)...

Cheers! M2

Tyrannosullyrex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Houston
    The constant American bashing gets old.

To be fair they bash the hell out of every other country (including England). Clarkson seems to be the voice of reason in Britain regarding the British government being a horrible nanny state. It seems like every other week he is asked to apologize for something he said or wrote, he never apologizes.

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    I've been watching Top gear for a couple years now, great show, not a gearhead per say, like cars as much as any american male, but their show is funny as hell. The things they do to cars, like playing hockey, on the ice, with a bunch of mini coopers (or something similar) using a 5 ft ball, or they build their own electric car out of scrap, and completely screw it up. They do some crazy stuff on that show, love watching. Only downside is that they rarely use american cars, although the main host (Jeremy)is a ford fan. Love how jeremy Clarkson would be right at home in a group of republicans, he loves guns, think cars shouls be gasoline powered, not electric, hates the government controlling everything, and think global warming is B.S. Great show recommend it even if your not into cars.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    This is by far the best car show ever produced.

I LOVE Top Gear.

Jeremy Clarkson, Hamster, and Cpt. Slow are good at ribbing the Americans but they do it in good fun. They talk bad about the Germans, Italians, and French all the time too. It's just British to bitch about someone else.

Top Bottom