Gun Zone Deals

Top Generals: Obama is purging the military.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I actually had recent firsthand experience with one of the GOs that was just relieved and to be honest, I wasn't surprise at the news. I obviously can't go into details, but after talking with him we were a bit "WTF?" at how he presented himself. Considering his position and responsibilities, I would have expected a more stoic individual; but he almost had a laissez-faire attitude about what we were briefing him on, which was pretty serious stuff.

Being a flag officer in today's military is something I don't envy, I will admit that there is a general distaste for the current Commander-in-Chief but like most professionals, people keep their opinions pretty much to themselves. It was similar under the Clinton administration, but servicemembers have to respect the position regardless of who is currently holding it. That is something our recently-banned friend failed to comprehend, loyalty to the President goes far behind the person or politics involved. Resigning is not a solution, one of the best CSAFs I ever met, Gen Ron Fogleman did so over the wrongful blaming of Brig Gen Terry Schwalier over the Khobar Towers bombing in Dhahran. A Pentagon report faulted Schwalier and other senior officers saying they did not make security a high priority and failed to heed intelligence reports that Khobar Towers was a likely terrorist target. An internal Air Force report absolved Schwalier and other officers, saying the the Pentagon investigation led by a retired Army general misapplied Army standards to an Air Force officer. Schwalier's promotion was rescinded, and Fogleman resigned as a matter of principle. His example made an impact on many a junior officer in the Air Force, myself included. He spoke to my Squadron Officer's Course prior to his resignation and there was no doubt that he was a man of high integrity and resolution, but the truth is his replacement came on board and life went on. While many USAF officers during that period still remember and respect him for that act, it didn't change a thing in the big picture.

But again, this is all a matter of attrition. As of last year, the services have the largest number of general/flag offices on active duty since WWII, and all this while the number of servicemembers continues to decrease (source). The DoD is under great pressure to cut costs across the board, and this surplus of GOs/FOs is a juicy target (and rightfully so). It's just that some generals/admirals are helping the cause by engaging in career-ending activities. It is a one-mistake military these days, and the fact that these officers are being allowed to retire with full benefits assures me that this is simply a matter of economy and not some big Obama-based conspiracy!

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Major Max:

You strongly opposed General Parmerleu in her run for Bexar County Sheriff. She retired from the USAF with a bunch of stars.

Whence your strong opposition?

If she were corrupt in the service, would she not carry that trait over to law enforcement?

Why was she not held accountable for misdeeds as a General Officer?

Top Bottom