Gun Zone Deals

Top Generals: Obama is purging the military.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It is about time someone cleaned out the rat's nest.

Not that I like Obama or his cohorts.

The Armed Forces got corrupted under the Clinton regime (Don't Ask, Don't Tell).

Not one General ever resigned in disgust over disagreement with policy.

Had they resigned, they would have forfeited their pension and future access to military facilities.

Cowards, every one. Should have resigned in protest.

Obama knows that, and gave them a fat retirement instead.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Worse now, IMO, and it was no picnic back then either.
    [h=1]Pentagon training manual: white males have unfair advantages[/h]http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/31/pentagon-training-manual-white-males-have-unfair-advantages/

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Had they resigned, they would have forfeited their pension and future access to military facilities. Cowards, every one. Should have resigned in protest. Obama knows that, and gave them a fat retirement instead.
    Huh? Had they resigned they would simply have stopped increasing the years of service which weighs into the overall retirement....so they could have resigned/retired (and they all get to keep retired ID cards to get access to the Base BX/PX or whatever).

anyway, yes....the military services have way too many careerists wearing stars: Self over Service. Selfishness and tribalism are rewarded, integrity is punished.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Huh? Had they resigned they would simply have stopped increasing the years of service which weighs into the overall retirement....so they could have resigned/retired (and they all get to keep retired ID cards to get access to the Base BX/PX or whatever).

anyway, yes....the military services have way too many careerists wearing stars: Self over Service. Selfishness and tribalism are rewarded, integrity is punished.

Resignation ... not Retirement.

A letter of Resignation means no retirement, no ID card: It sends a strong message -- I don't like what you are doing so shove it. It is a complete break with the Service and declination of future military benefits.

I have known Officers who "Resigned in Lieu of Court Martial." They got no pension, no PX, Hospital, or Commissary privileges. It was a "Plea Deal" that saved them jail time and resulted in an "Other than Honorable" discharge.

Resignation on principle has not happened since WWII. Charging General Officers with Court Martial offenses has only resulted in early retirement, not resignation.

DOD must quit plea deals for dirty officers and honest officers should quit without benefits to protest stupid policies.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    "Top generals?!?" That article quotes two sources, both general officers, one that retired in 2007 and another in 1993; and one of which, Boykin, is well-known to be an assclown!

And an "exclusive" of the WND? Could you pick are more unreliable source? Or are you one that believes everything they read online?!?

In case you hadn't heard, the military is in a down-draw and we had more GOs than we did during WWII, so the fact that the Pentagon is reducing the number of flag officers is not news nor is it the actions of the current president.

By the way, Article 88 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice states: "Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Violations are punishable by dismissal, forfeiture of all pay and allowances and confinement for a year.

These retired officers still hold their commissions, much like I do, and while it is rare that a retired military member be brought back to active duty to be prosecuted under this article, it is possible. Commissioned officers have a duty to be politically impartial and should not violate the trust between the military and civilian leadership, as such comments by these two retired GOs do. It's bad form and sets a lousy example for junior officers.

And before anyone starts quoting the First Amendment, it is one of the numerous rights military members forfeit when they put on the uniform according to the Supreme Court...

In 1974 the U.S. Supreme Court found “While the members of the military are not excluded from the protection granted by the First Amendment, the different character of the military community and of the military mission requires a different application of those protections. The fundamental necessity for obedience, and the consequent necessity for imposition of discipline, may render permissible within the military that which would be constitutionally impermissible outside it” Parker v. Levy, 417 U.S. 733, 758 (1974). This quote from the Court sums up what is known as the Doctrine of Military Necessity or the military-deference doctrine.

There have been several cases of a military member convicted by court martial of Art 88 violations, the First Amendment notwithstanding; and everyone in the military is aware of the consequences of such actions. During the Clinton administration there was a big crackdown by DoD leadership on contemptuous language toward the President. Basically we were told o keep our pie holes shut, with charges of violating UCMJ articles 88, 92, 133, 134, etc. being threatened toward us.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Generals are just politicians in uniform now days. Good night Chesty!

JohnnyLobo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    These retired officers still hold their commissions, much like I do, and while it is rare that a retired military member be brought back to active duty to be prosecuted under this article, it is possible. Commissioned officers have a duty to be politically impartial and should not violate the trust between the military and civilian leadership, as such comments by these two retired GOs do. It's bad form and sets a lousy example for junior officers.

Lot of words to say something so wrong, constitutionally and morally. Did you or did you not take an oath? You probably agreed that SS officers were "just following orders." Sure, it would be wrong to criticize the Fuhrer.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Lot of words to say something so wrong, constitutionally and morally. Did you or did you not take an oath? You probably agreed that SS officers were "just following orders." Sure, it would be wrong to criticize the Fuhrer.

Do you even know what the commissioned officer's oath of office entails? Have you ever served as a commissioned officer in the United States military? If not, then maybe you ought to stick to topics that you know something about, as you are clearly out of your element here...

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think there is a lot to be said about high ranking officers needing to shut up and go along to get along to keep getting promoted and stay in command. I dont think its unique to the current POTUS but i think it has been heightened due to how radically left the current pres is.

JohnnyLobo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Do you even know what the commissioned officer's oath of office entails? Have you ever served as a commissioned officer in the United States military? If not, then maybe you ought to stick to topics that you know something about, as you are clearly out of your element here...

I guess Obama is a great guy.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No you're right. Obama is a great guy. General Boykin is a liar. Everything he said is false. Have you ever been a general? Thought I'd ask that question. Maybe you think you have some kind of duty to defend the president because of your chosen line of work. In fact, by your own admission I'd say it does and you seem to have a major conflict of interest.

Have you ever been a general?

Have you ever been able to form a valid argument?

For all you accusations of liberal beliefs you have their method of debate down pat.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    No you're right. Obama is a great guy. General Boykin is a liar. Everything he said is false. Have you ever been a general? Thought I'd ask that question. Maybe you think you have some kind of duty to defend the president because of your chosen line of work. In fact, by your own admission I'd say it does and you seem to have a major conflict of interest.

Dude, your arguments are pathetic. I never said I supported Obama, but I am smart enough to know that he is not "purging the military" as claimed as I still work for the DoD as I have for the past 32 years. Boykin can spout his opinion, but there's no fact to support it so pretty much like your own comments, they don't hold much water.

As for the question do I have a duty to defend the President of the United States, your damn right I do. It was a part of my oath and while I may be retired I am still a commissioned officer in the US military and have an obligation to do so.

And since you have no military experience, you probably don't realize that those in uniform don't get to pick and choose what orders and regulations they must follow. So having served under Reagan through George W. Bush, even when we had presidents that I personally didn't agree with (Clinton) I still had a duty to serve and protect the office.

I am sure that concept is tough for you to understand but if you ever get a chance to meet a professional oath keeper you might learn that we serve a calling that is above personal interests and opinions. Such individuals are what have defended this nation throughout its history and are the ones you should thank because their sacrifices have preserved the freedoms you so enjoy!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Dude, your arguments are pathetic. I never said I supported Obama, but I am smart enough to know that he is not "purging the military" as claimed as I still work for the DoD as I have for the past 32 years. Boykin can spout his opinion, but there's no fact to support it so pretty much like your own comments, they don't hold much water.

As for the question do I have a duty to defend the President of the United States, your damn right I do. It was a part of my oath and while I may be retired I am still a commissioned officer in the US military and have an obligation to do so.

And since you have no military experience, you probably don't realize that those in uniform don't get to pick and choose what orders and regulations they must follow. So having served under Reagan through George W. Bush, even when we had presidents that I personally didn't agree with (Clinton) I still had a duty to serve and protect the office.

I am sure that concept is tough for you to understand but if you ever get a chance to meet a professional oath keeper you might learn that we serve a calling that is above personal interests and opinions. Such individuals are what have defended this nation throughout its history and are the ones you should thank because their sacrifices have preserved the freedoms you so enjoy!

We are to follow "lawful" orders...

JohnnyLobo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013

You sound brainwashed. Spout that shit to someone else. Like I said, I have spent my whole life around military men and women and none have sounded as arrogant and self-righteous as you my friend. You have to wonder about someone who throws around his clout that much.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You sound brainwashed. Spout that shit to someone else. Like I said, I have spent my whole life around military men and women and none have sounded as arrogant and self-righteous as you my friend. You have to wonder about someone who throws around his clout that much.

Argh! This is the internet! You dont know him. Relax.

JohnnyLobo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Argh! This is the internet! You dont know him. Relax.

You're right. I apologize Major. I will add that he does not know me either. We are all too quick to judge. I don't throw around my qualifications every time there is a dissagreement, though, I might add.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You don't seem to have any, and you pressured him to tell you what his qualifications were, then claimed he should provide evidence of those qualifications. Now you say that by telling you what you had previously demanded he is somehow trying to throw right around.

This is why we are giving you so much shit. You are not debating anything, only stating your belief and saying everyone else loves Obama. You site your qualifications. As knowing people in the military and discount the views of those who comment and are or have served on the military. And you make a point to end every post with an insult, thinly veiled if your trying to look civil.

Unless you change your attitude your time on this forum will likely be very short lived. I also hope you choose a different tactic when speaking with those on the fence politically. The attitude you present can go a long ways towards pushing people to the left when we are working our asses off to bring them to the right.

Top Bottom