• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tumbleweed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    san antonio
    One of the first items I want to buy when I get to TX (and am legally able to) has to be ordered (CZ Custom shop gun) and shipped in; which one of the shops y'all are talking about would be a good one to cut my teeth on for my first transfer in-state? Looking for a shop/FFL that's got the friendly folks of course, but also who don't mind that you're not buying from them and know you'll come back for repeat business later if treated right.
    ARJ Defense ad

tumbleweed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    san antonio
    ummm......give us a hint as to what area of town - it's only 'bout 30 miles across!<G>

hah! fair enough, I'll come back to this later then - I don't know where I'm moving yet (realtor is working on that part :) ). See from where I'm sitting I already drive 15mi to the closest FFL, so you know...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I shop at both of them, along w/Hoguns and (from time to time) Nagels. Those are the 4 primaries - I've been to the one there on the access road at Fredericksburg/410, and I usually use Canyon Sporting for my transfers, simply because they're close to me and he's a pretty killer 'smith.

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    As a CZaholic, you can't go wrong with anything from Angus!! I use Robert Hickernell in Schertz. He's helped me transfer 2 CZ's in the last year.

tumbleweed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    san antonio
    As a CZaholic, you can't go wrong with anything from Angus!! I use Robert Hickernell in Schertz. He's helped me transfer 2 CZ's in the last year.

Yup, I'm onna them! I have a pretty nice collection of CZs and can't wait to get hold of some of the other ones that CA has deemed "unsafe" for me to own simply because they lack a mag disconnect or loaded chamber indicator. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll be looking all these folks up!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Just holler when yer ready to go - we'll be there in solidarity with ya to make sure you don't overload yer credit card......

TRUST us!

TR - who only has a coupla guns....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Gotta question for the SA crowd, has anyone ever been in the shop at A Place To Shoot ?

I thought it was only a range, but it appears they sell firearms as well. Can't find much info/feedback on the shop (just the range), and wanted to know before I made a trip out there...

Cheers! M2

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Gotta question for the SA crowd, has anyone ever been in the shop at A Place To Shoot ?

I thought it was only a range, but it appears they sell firearms as well. Can't find much info/feedback on the shop (just the range), and wanted to know before I made a trip out there...

Cheers! M2

I used to shoot out there many moons ago...and bought a couple shotguns out there a few years back. Prices were fair, they didn't have much to look at though, only keep a few guns on the shelf.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I agree with Texascop, what they had on hand was very limited however fairly priced. I had a rifle shipped there and the FFL was $25 IIRC. I have never used the range but they charge by gun so it would not be cheap for me.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I've bought a few guns from Nagels. There was a younger guy that worked there that was a bit pushy, and it cost him sales from me. One of those types that always wants to sell you the gun you don't want. The rest of the staff were great.

I moved out of San Antonio about a year and a half ago, so my info is a bit dated. There was another, really tiny place on Randolph blvd on the Northeast side I remember. I found it open exactly once, and the guy was friendly but he didn't have much selection.The whole store was smaller than my garage. Every time I went back after that, the place was locked up tight. I can't find it on google maps now, so maybe he closed.

TheTomcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    San Antonio

Cheers! M2

Bad experiences there a few years ago. They tried telling me my scope rings were bad to sell me new ones. I took it there to get bore sighted because I had just put on the new rings! Took the rifle to Nagels that day and got it done with no problems and was told what great rings I had. Everytime I tried to do anything there they tried to sell me something.

Top Bottom