• ...and so much more!
  • ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    ok so heres the score.
    i am getting my girl into shooting.

she lives in San Antonio.

This weekend we are going to go look and guns and see what kindof weapon fits ehr hand and blah blah blah ( i told her its like shoe shopping)
    so ive got a week to hammer out an agenda to get around and check out the best shops withthe best selection. not nessecarily the best prices, becasue we will probably wait and check out the next saxet show.
    however places with better prices should probably get higher on the list.
    im in new braunfels and dont find myself in san antonio to often, so help me out guys! (and gals)

thanks!

/...... GO!

Only 2 places to go in San Antonio-

Dury's as mentioned. There is no better shop in SA.

And ASH OUTDOORS in Boerne, TX. Alex is an FFL/SOT dealer who specializes in machine-guns and suppressors.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Only 2 places to go in San Antonio-

Dury's as mentioned. There is no better shop in SA.

And ASH OUTDOORS in Boerne, TX. Alex is an FFL/SOT dealer who specializes in machine-guns and suppressors.

Dury's OK but way overpriced in my opinion.

Does Ash Outdoors have a storefront? I couldn't find an address on their web site. I am always out in Boerne, and the only places that sell guns there that I know of are Barkley's and the pawn shop at the west end of town...

Speaking of which, does anyone have any info on Charlie's Gun Works or Circle B Guns in Boerne? I've found both listed online, but have never been there...

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Depending on when you go, Dury's can have some pretty decent deals...picked up a 686 snubbie over there last year for $425! Sometimes, ya just gotta be patient - and make offers!

Wolfie....bear in mind that I've got a somewhat broad range of handguns, but a LOT depends on her hand size and comfort level. Generally speaking, I've found that MANY folks - but especially women - LOVE the Beretta 96 compact. They're kinda hard to find, but well worth the hunt IMO.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Dury's OK but way overpriced in my opinion.

Does Ash Outdoors have a storefront? I couldn't find an address on their web site. I am always out in Boerne, and the only places that sell guns there that I know of are Barkley's and the pawn shop at the west end of town...

Speaking of which, does anyone have any info on Charlie's Gun Works or Circle B Guns in Boerne? I've found both listed online, but have never been there...

Cheers! M2

Most of the FFL in Boerne are run out of the persons home. They do have some inventory on hand. Alex at ASH will get anything you want and will even have examples to test fire- Has access to a private range you can test fire suppressors and the like. He can do it all- pistols, black-tactical-hunting rifles, machineguns, suppressors and all sorts of NFA items...

He also does Texas CCW and is a Gun Smith.

Call him as he is extremely friendly and personable 210 573 3599.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Wolfie....bear in mind that I've got a somewhat broad range of handguns, but a LOT depends on her hand size and comfort level. Generally speaking, I've found that MANY folks - but especially women - LOVE the Beretta 96 compact. They're kinda hard to find, but well worth the hunt IMO.

Beretta 96 eh?
    will look into it.

i have left a mossy 500 in 20 ga over there until we get her something of her own.

i actually kindof forgot about this thread honestly, or atleast forgot that it was MY thread.

geeze in two months this will be a year old!
    lol

OLDAG_GUNS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    New Braunfels, TX
    OLDAG GUNS in New Braunfels, TX

I'm a new dealer in New Braunfels. We are a small store that is family owned and operated. I am also a CHL instructor.

Come by and see me or look me up on the web at oldagguns . com

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    Even though it is not a gun shop, I would recommend checking out the Bullet Hole shooting range. They seem to have pretty decent deals on handguns there. They seem to deal alot in Sigs and H&K's

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Same here, the place is an accident waiting to happen. There is no range control going on and I've seen more violations of the rules that went unchallenaged than you could imagine.

Plus, their prices are not that great. And I wouldn't trust their smiths to remove a magazine from a pistol, much less do any actual work on one of my firearms.

You're taking your life in your hands going there, but that's your choice! Take ten minutes and drive south to Blackhawk, at least they are concerned about the safety on their range...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom