Patriot Mobile

Total Gun Ban. What would you do if ....?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Well. I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about the subject. As for me, "I detest guns and do not own any guns and don't want to own any guns. You say that records show that I bought guns, well someone must have used false ID to purchase them, because it wasn't me, officer. Oh, I was on all those gun forums just to make me feel like a big shot, you know, just mouthing off, being in the crowd so to speak. I'll be sure to let you know if I see or hear of anyone with guns. Have a nice day, officer".
    Military Camp

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    well there are more civilians than there are military, if push came to shove the people would shove....

remember the 2nd amendment...

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

that would be reason enough...

i wont go anywhere, no one is taking what is rightfully mine.

Perfectly stated. This is EXACTLY where I stand.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I agree with HK. The Dems don't do anything in one fell swoop. It will be done incrementally by making conditions so strict and suffocating that the average Joe won't be able to afford to shoot.

I too expect it to go this way. This is why we fight against every restriction and tax (gun and ammo) that "our" government attempts to pass!!

TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Houston Metro Area
    Many years ago (during the Clinton Era) a local ATF agent posed this question to myself and several other officers while we were having lunch. He asked what would happen and what would we say if one day he were sent to our home to confiscate our weapons.

He was told in no uncertain words that while I liked him and thought he was a nice guy, he would not be confiscating my weapons without a fight. Everyone else seemed to feel the same way.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    After spending 12 years active duty and friends with a bunch of military and LEO all over, I don't know one of them that would support this. In fact we've talked about this before and most of the guys I know are stocked up themselves just in case SHTF.

I too have a number of friends and family on duty who would refuse any such order. However, Katrina proved beyond any doubt that there are lots of people out there who would not think twice about it. Make up some form of "Emergency" and lots of people would follow orders. Gotta understand that as time goes by, people are more and more conditioned to hate guns. That makes it difficult to risk life and limb and your family's life and limb standing up for something you dont believe in. Heck its hard enough to get people to stand up for things they do believe in.

I seriously doubt it will ever come to such a drastic end. The slow cook will simply continue along, be it Democrap in office or a Republicrat.

Pony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Azle, TX
    It could very well happen eventually.
    Remember, the US and UK shared a common origin as to their right to bear arms - in the 1689 Bill of Rights (King William of Orange gave a series of rights to his subjects). Throughout the 20th century, my country slowly implemented tighter control of the civilian ownership of firearms, passing enactments in the 1968, 1988, 1994 and 1997 (Firearms Amendment Acts).
    Although gun ownership is not actually illegal in England, it may as well be. To own a gun you need a Fire Arm Certificate, and Self defence is not considered an acceptable reason for a firearm. The police may amend, or revoke, a Fire Arm Certificate at any time and refuse one for any reason. Typically a farmer could theoretically could be granted a Fire Arm Certificate (for non routine humane killing of injured or dangerous animals) , but it is not guaranteed. For all intents and purposes, I consider it an outright ban.
    So you can see how through regulation it is very feasible, over time, to end up having your guns taken away. Every inch of ground lost is a step in that direction. Consider losing a little of your rights, just a little at a time, over extended periods of time, eventually you have nothing.

Granted the US has the 2nd amendment, but is this a guarantee? If it is then why was the 1689 Bill of Rights not a guarantee for the UK?
    Bill of Rights 1689 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rrent

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    I also agree --it would be a slow process and only happen if we (the gun owners of America) were asleep at the wheel.

as for the questions:
    Suppose the feds banned all private ownership and possession of any and all firearms.

What would you do and why?
    Seperate the guns I bought from individuals
    why:no chance of a paper trail.
    Doctor up my "guns sold" records to present to the authorities.
    why: To give the impression of cooperation

Where would you go and why?
    Locate and join a resistance group and help make history in the next American Revolution
    why: really, need you ask

Ronnie

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I also agree --it would be a slow process and only happen if we (the gun owners of America) were asleep at the wheel.

as for the questions:
    Suppose the feds banned all private ownership and possession of any and all firearms.

What would you do and why?
    Seperate the guns I bought from individuals
    why:no chance of a paper trail.
    Doctor up my "guns sold" records to present to the authorities.
    why: To give the impression of cooperation

Where would you go and why?
    Locate and join a resistance group and help make history in the next American Revolution
    why: really, need you ask

Ronnie

Ronnie, you just told "them" your plan ...and your name

Of course, if this is part of your plan to cover it with a faux plan, then interesting.

rrent

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Shorts --not to worry --I didn't tell "them" about my underground bunker; small air strip; or ICBM silo I have in the back.....................

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    If that day ever comes,then you will have to be willing to step out of your comfortable existance and pay the ultimate price if it is required,to be willing to give up all you own and hold dear for the idea of freedom.I am an old man (65) and I have fought for this country in years past.If need be,I can still pull a trigger to protect my ideals and I am willing to do that.I'm not afraid to go down for what I believe in.They can take mine when I can no longer pull the trigger.sj

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    If that day ever comes,then you will have to be willing to step out of your comfortable existance and pay the ultimate price if it is required,to be willing to give up all you own and hold dear for the idea of freedom.I am an old man (65) and I have fought for this country in years past.If need be,I can still pull a trigger to protect my ideals and I am willing to do that.I'm not afraid to go down for what I believe in.They can take mine when I can no longer pull the trigger.sj

Yes sir I agree

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Yes sir I agree

I'm not quite your age (very close though) and you wouldn't be alone. I would not, and will not give up my gun ownership to a new-order government. I am a Texas CHL licensee and will continue my endevour as long as I live. I am a cut & dried hard-core native Texan.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    it will be small steps

You will see a new tax here and a ban there. Likley to add items to the list of things required on the NFA registry. It will not be one all encompassing ban but small steps only affecting disitinct groups till most everything is accounted for and too expensive to own/use.

Hunters will be suprised when it is no longer black rifles and high capacity mags but granpa's duck gun. Police will be insulted when they must check in their sidearm at the end of a shift. I fear the staged/unfortunant events that will justify these new laws. Something will need to happen for lawmakers to rally the sheeple.

The solution is the same as it has ever been, education. We must be perfect citizens and shake the redneck misconception while bringing new folks into our various forms of sport shooting.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    You will see a new tax here and a ban there. Likley to add items to the list of things required on the NFA registry. It will not be one all encompassing ban but small steps only affecting disitinct groups till most everything is accounted for and too expensive to own/use.

Hunters will be suprised when it is no longer black rifles and high capacity mags but granpa's duck gun. Police will be insulted when they must check in their sidearm at the end of a shift. I fear the staged/unfortunant events that will justify these new laws. Something will need to happen for lawmakers to rally the sheeple.

The solution is the same as it has ever been, education. We must be perfect citizens and shake the redneck misconception while bringing new folks into our various forms of sport shooting.
    This is whats scary, the majority will not even realize it has happened until it already has, and those of us trying to stand up along the way will be labled as extremists, or even possibly terrorists, think about the militia groups in the late 80's....

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    inheritence

The new Democratic Executive, House and Senate will inherit all of the domestic policy changes made by Bush. I was for the Patriot Act when it was first floated but I see the error of my original thinking.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    ducksps said it right. It will happen by way of smaller and smaller bits taken. I'm tired of hearing "oh he will not ban guns"...the rest of it is in "one full sweep". That is true. But we as gun owners are able to see how these little regulatory bits add up. Unfortunately, the general public who are ignorant to gun politics or rights, don't see these small regulations as attempts to suffocate the 2A. They blindly follow and say, 'gee, yea, that sounds REASONABLE"

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho

Thank you for your service. I agree with you also. I'm not even half your age yet (I'm 26) and spent 18 months in Iraq. I will not give up my 2nd amendment right. Someone can try, but they're going to end up dead, cause I won't put up with that nonsense. Everyone knows that the anti-assault rifle bans didn't work, guess who still got them (Hmm lets see here...the felons still got them).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom